A Lurker comes out of the Closet...

I’ve been lurking here since early 2019, and have been learning from y’all and using the many views, suitably considered to my circumstances, as part of my decision- making.

I’m a long standing investor, and have made some great decisions and some appalling ones. Realistically, over a 20-year timeframe, I’m up 2,000% on my biggest killing (a DOW healthcare IT Stock), but have had a number of total implosions over that time also. My best decisions have come from my knowledge and experience of/in the IT industry (particularly healthcare), as have my worst…

Last year, I started a low cost account with deGiro which offers trades at a cost of pennies, even where a couple of thousand dollars is involved. I am in Europe and I trade with deGiro solely in U.S. markets. I use the massively valuable information on Saul’s Discussion Forum to inform my decisions, but I don’t follow Saul’s decisions slavishly… That said, I find his take on stocks and his overall rationale both refreshing and honest, and I try and read all his posts, albeit somewhat in arrears. Saul’s thinking is quite unique IMHO. He presents himself as someone who is comfortable in his own investment skin, quite happy to accept the investment slings and arrows that may come his way, while having a sense of purpose and strength of will that sometimes flies in the face of short term winds and indeed storms… His analytical prowess is seldom presented in an OTT fashion, and his critiques of analyst pronouncements are reason personified.

My almost bottom line here is that, between the knowledge I have gained on this forum. and the contrarian strength of Tinker Target, I am 43% up on a dedicated U.S. portfolio in just over a year. Above all, I love the sense of involvement in being part of a community, and relish the small trades +/- that I make based on my decisions, each of which is informed (but not dictated) by what I learn here.

My bottom line here is simply: Thank you Saul! This is a unique place… I don’t know how much longer it can last… God grant you the health to continue to manage it… And to want to… because, I’m sure some days you’d like to throw it all in when some folks take advantage (or try to do so)…

Be well!

92 Likes

I use the massively valuable information on Saul’s Discussion Forum to inform my decisions, but I don’t follow Saul’s decisions slavishly… That said, I find his take on stocks and his overall rationale both refreshing and honest, and I try and read all his posts, albeit somewhat in arrears. Saul’s thinking is quite unique IMHO. He presents himself as someone who is comfortable in his own investment skin, quite happy to accept the investment slings and arrows that may come his way, while having a sense of purpose and strength of will that sometimes flies in the face of short term winds and indeed storms… His analytical prowess is seldom presented in an OTT fashion, and his critiques of analyst pronouncements are reason personified.

My almost bottom line here is that, between the knowledge I have gained on this forum. and the contrarian strength of Ticker Target, I am 43% up on a dedicated U.S. portfolio in just over a year. Above all, I love the sense of involvement in being part of a community, and relish the small trades that I make based on my decisions, each of which is informed (but not dictated) by what I learn here.

My bottom line here is simply: Thank you Saul! This is a unique place… I don’t know how much longer it can last… God grant you the health to continue to manage it… And to want to… because, I’m sure some days you’d like to throw it all in when some folks take advantage (or try to do so)… Be well!

Thanks Joshea for your kind words. Much appreciated, and glad you are having fun. And yes, sometimes I do get fed up enough to think about quitting, because it’s a massive job keeping the board on track. I do appreciate the assistant managers who help me out when they can.
Best wishes to you as well,
Saul

46 Likes