A ray of sunshine?

In the midst of this bloodbath, a few of my stocks SEEM to have announced that they’ve had enough of this and they aren’t going down any more. (Possible bottoms, with an emphasis on the “possible”). To keep it in context, remember that this was a weekend when everything was clobbered indiscriminately, no matter how good earnings and fundamentals are, and how cheap the stock price is.

SKX closed a week ago at $26.77. They bounced around a little this week, both up a little and down a little, and closed this week at $26.99, up 22 cents.

CASY closed a week ago at $116.2. They bounced around a little this week, both up a little and down a little, and closed this week at $116.7, up about 50 cents.

CBM closed a week ago at $41.95. They bounced around a little this week, both up a little and down a little, and closed this week at $41.80, down about 15 cents.

It’s just possible that the springs on these three can’t be pushed down any more (at least for now). And just possibly, just possibly, that may be the first robin of spring.

(And I apologize for using two different springs in two different analogies, but I couldn’t see a really good way to change either one and still say what I wanted to say.)

Best,

Saul

18 Likes

A little reality check. On Friday I posted the following:

SKX closed a week ago at $26.77. They bounced around a little this week, both up a little and down a little, and closed this week at $26.99, up 22 cents.
CASY closed a week ago at $116.2. They bounced around a little this week, both up a little and down a little, and closed this week at $116.7, up about 50 cents.
CBM closed a week ago at $41.95. They bounced around a little this week, both up a little and down a little, and closed this week at $41.80, down about 15 cents.

It’s just possible that the springs on these three can’t be pushed down any more (at least for now). And just possibly, just possibly, that may be the first robin of spring.

So how did I do?
SKX closed today up 1.2% (did well on that one).
CASY closed today down 0.7% (not sure on that)
CBM closed today down 4.6% (did terrible on that one).

It will probably take a week or two at least to really tell, as I based my initial observations on the up and down during a full week.

Saul