AEYE deal with Surf website

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iconic-surfing-brand-bunger-su…

My initial thought is this can’t be a very big deal, it’s a bit much to issue a press release. However, the thing that caught my attention here is, although it does sound like the put their system on the website so that hearing/sight disabled people can navigate the site, it sound like the bigger goal here is not related to making the site accessible by the impaired, but to use AEYE’s technology to communicate person to person:

By encouraging the next generation of surfers to utilize AudioEye’s mobile technology with an application that allows professionals, in their own voices, to communicate on-demand with young and aspiring surfers anytime and anywhere, provides real-time actionable intelligence and instructional content that has not been available until now

This may be nothing, but it’s certainly different for AEYE.

I also note that they don’t specify that this is a cash sale. However, I can’t imagine what license or other intangible the Surf company could have swapped for the AEYE license that would have legitimate value to AEYE. This raises a bit of a red flag for me. It’s also possible that AEYE’s legal dept or auditor told them to stop using the word “cash sale” in press releases given that the cash is probably not exchanged on the day the deal gets signed even if it will ultimately be due in cash.

-mekong

4 Likes

In its August Midwest IDEAS Investor Conference 2014, the CEO mentioned how a large biopharma (must be the one announced yesterday) was working towards using AEYE technology in a way that, as far as I know, is entirely different from audio-enabled web surfing. The CEO also mentioned using its technology in other places such as a car dealership where a consumer may come along while the dealership is closed. The consumer may then start some type of interactive communication vie AEYE technology to get information. Very brief mention but may be interesting.

It looks like they are branching or attempting to branch into new areas. It may be leveraging its existing core technology, but those are certainly new implementations. I am wondering if it had anything to do with some of their non-cash contracts in Q2. They could have gotten some new tech rights through the deals.

4 Likes

The CEO also mentioned using its technology in other places such as a car dealership where a consumer may come along while the dealership is closed. The consumer may then start some type of interactive communication vie AEYE technology to get information. Very brief mention but may be interesting.

This is the sort of information I’ve been hoping for to possibly get into AEYE. With the right creative force behind thier platform they could expand their interactive customer base to more than just those that need to service individuals with disabilities. I believe this way AEYE would grow its adoption rate and customer base more effectively and rapidly.

2 Likes

just came to this board and reading the recent posts. has anyone interacted with a website utilizing their technology? thanks, tom

1 Like

just came to this board

Welcome to the board Tom, and thanks for the posts!

Saul

I have. I used it on a schools website in Colorado. They contracted with the Vail School District in Colorado in 2013. I was impressed with the technology as it reads the website line for line and recognizes things like links & images.

4 Likes

This is the link to an earlier press release that references the vail school district website and has the links to the schools using their technology.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vail-school-district-launches-…

z-bar

1 Like

NUAN would seem to be the other major competitor in this space?