Alstro?

Her silence really concerns me! I’m hoping it’s simply additional family visits we weren’t aware of.

=sheila

2 Likes

I agree with you! Usually she posts daily and I think the longest absence was a week with family visiting. I don’t think more were coming so I am concerned as well.

Fingers crossed that it is not that hubster had a severe fall or that he had more seizures or worse.
I do know that she wasn’t too keen on my last question posted a bit ago. She simply didn’t answer and we haven’t heard from her since.

I am sure she is overwhelmed with his continued and increasing needs. In all honesty she just may not be able to handle this and I know she has her own medical issues. If she has had her own medical needs then that does put care for her husband at jeopardy.

Robyn

I discovered that I still have her email address, so I emailed her. And she responded! I want to post her email here, and have asked her ok to do so. I’m sure there’s no problem, but I’d prefer her ok first.

But in summary…she is ok! It’s her computer that has been experiencing hard times, and was sent back to Apple for repair, or for learning that she needs a new one. So she has only an ancient iPad and her cell phone. So we can all breathe a sigh of relief!

=sheila

11 Likes

Thank you for letting us know and I sure hope her computer can be repaired quickly.

2 Likes

I want to post her email here, and have asked her ok to do so. I’m sure there’s no problem, but I’d prefer her ok first.

Even if someone told me it was fine to post their email address on a public forum I would not do it. There are robots out there sweeping web sites for email addresses. Don’t make it easier for the spammers.

Anyone who can post here can send an email to anyone else posting here. Reply to one of their messages, and UNcheck the Post this Reply to the Boards box, and Check the E-Mail this Reply to the Author box. It will be sent to the email address that the person registered with TMF, and the email address you registered will be in the message. When I do that I always add my own email address in the Mail these Addresses Privately box so that I have a record of what I said.

1 Like

I’m more or less fine. Not feeling great—wondering if I have long COVID. Tired, constant mild to moderate headache of a different nature than my normal and rare headaches, slight sore throat and ears, occasi9nal cough, sore neck glands.

My late afternoon aide now comes every day and will start Sunday mornings for an hour or 2 in a couple of weeks.

The hubster has started bowel incontinence (autocorrect called it bible incontinence-). Or maybe it’s just because I overtreated his constipation recently. Sunday I cleaned up a large messy poo while he was on the floor face down. Yesterday I cleaned up a messy poo at 3pm, aide cleaned up a messy poo at 4:30pm, morning aide today cleaned up a messy poo at 8am, again in the shower, and again after getting freshly dressed! Apparently the constipation is cured…

He can barely walk now—even the aides move him around the house in the wheelchair—and he sleeps a lot. Aides having more trouble with his showers. Trouble handling a spoon and usually needs to be fed.

I should go shopping but after running 2 loads of wash and cleaning up poo (aide cleaned him, I cleaned bedding, bath mat, bath towel etc that got pooed) and taking a shower, I’m too tired for anything else.

2 Likes

Even if someone told me it was fine to post their email address on a public forum I would not do it.

Misunderstanding!! When I said “post her email here” I meant the content of her email, not her address.

And I see that’s not necessary now, as she has posted here herself! So glad!!

=sheila

1 Like

I took a home COVID test—just in case. It was negative.

I took a home COVID test—just in case. It was negative.

The symptoms you describe sound like some other people I know who had had covid, especially the headaches. The infection clears up, but those discomforts remain for a while. I didn’t have headaches, but deep fatigue would come and go. There’s a ginseng product that was recommended by a physician who sees a lot of people with chronic fatigue issues. It’s by Terry Naturally (part of EuroMedica): HR890 Red Ginseng. Take 1-2. It comes in a chewable as well as a capsule, which is what i take when I need to. I think it’s helpful. And very pleasant tasting.

=sheila

1 Like

Happy fooliversary!

1 Like

Thinking of you, alstro…hugs.

1 Like

Happy fooliversary!

Thank you! And if you hadn’t said that, I wouldn’t have noticed. 2000 I think was the year I joined.

=sheila

2 Likes