Anyone have a new buy point in mind?

I can’t believe we’re in the low-mid 60s. Straining my brain to make sense of that given where we were. Anyone have a target in mind to buy more? I picked up some in the mid-70s and now think I’m too impatient.

I recently started a position at $77 and will be adding to it whenever I have funds to do so. If it gets to $50 i think that would be extremely pessimistic. In its current state I’d be happy to add anywhere up to around $100.

2 Likes

I think NVDA is about to have a terrible quarter. Lots of “gaming revenue” lost due to crypto bust. China AI sales halted.

While AMD should only be lightly affected by this, I suspect there is concern. A good earnings report will boost AMD.

1 Like

I feel really good about buying in the 50’s and 60’s. Not a guarantee that we can’t go lower but I feel that medium and long term prospects are great from these levels.

I bought some Thursday. Now I feel I should have waited given Friday’s news. But it was just 300 shares, as I could not sell my main investment to buy more AMD until passing an ex dividend date next week. So I may get some more soon.

I got so fed up with the AMD share price, I took 60% of AMD shares out of my web portfolio but not for real. Since then I have been much happier FWIW. A little weird, nothing has changed except that I don’t have to look at AMD share gyration effects on the rest of my investments. :wink:

1 Like

Since this thread is resurrected, I might as well update –

I’ve since about tripled my initial buy, happily lowering my average basis down to now $69.12. I’ll probably add a little more in the next few weeks and then let it sit for a few quarters while I watch to see how the company executes. Then I’ll decide whether to keep building the position. (It’s currently around 30-40% of where I’d ultimately get to if my conviction stays high.)

1 Like

If just bought a Ryzen 7900 (no X) and the other pieces necessary to build a new system. Maybe I’ll buy some stock soon–I have a feeling that the stock may gyrate a bit around earnings date for 2022. I do think that sales, profits, and stock prices should be on a smoother upward trend for the rest of the year.

1 Like

I bought 300 shares at $66. I’m thinking of buying more, possibly a lot more, but I tend to ponder a lot.

1 Like