Apple event on Sept 9, 2024 - iPhone 16 and more

Here comes the iPhone 16 lineup, and also probably the Apple Watch Series 10 and Apple Watch Ultra 3. More here:

2 Likes

Weā€™re watching for watches fir the two of us, weā€™re using a 5 & 6, both are slightly battery deficient, and my 5 is just aging out, need the new abilitiesā€¦ Our iPhones are 15ā€™s so unless there is a major change, likely ride these out for a bitā€¦

On my watch, Iā€™ve gone through a couple of the leather, magnetic bands, the ā€˜leatherā€™ just doesnā€™t hold up, splits, exposing the magnets, so the latest is a rubbery one, seems OK, but if I rest my hand/wrist on the car door frame as I get in, it has stuck to the car, nearly came off! there are some other bands in a ziplock, mesh, others, but not so handy to put on, so Iā€™ll have to see whatā€™s available when the time comesā€¦

Interesting timesā€¦

1 Like

I have an Apple Watch 6, and I recently had its battery replaced ($99, no Applecare). So, the battery life is now as long as it was when new.

Unfortunately, the blood oxygen sensor function was turned off.

-awlabrador

Didnā€™t think it was an option, to turn off, maybe reload the app? Oxy and other updates are why my 5 will be replaced, hopefullyā€¦ Watching for the new watch, me.

I think heā€™s referring to the fact of Apple being ordered to disable it pending resolution of the patent dispute process?

Well, thatā€™s the pits, I hadnā€™t paid attention, (thanks for the article) so was looking forward to having the oxygen level in whatever new one comes up nextā€¦ Just pay the price, make it work, Apple!

2 Likes

I agree. Sometimes Apple should just play nice for the benefit of their customers. ā€œA good customer experience is our highest priorityā€ is supposed to be their motto, not ā€œpinch every single pennyā€!

2 Likes

Hmmm. my Watch 5 is not supported!

WatchOS 11 Supported Apple Watch List

Assuming you have an iPhone that can run iOS 18, then your Apple Watch can run watchOS 11 if itā€™s one of the following device models, or newer:

• Apple Watch SE (2nd generation)

• Apple Watch Series 6

• Apple Watch Series 7

• Apple Watch Series 8

• Apple Watch Series 9

• Apple Watch Ultra

• Apple Watch Ultra 2

1 Like

10 AM Pacific Start!

1 Like

But we do have blood oxygen sensors that work.

1 Like

Meaning what?..

I heard no mention of the oxy sensors, I wanted that, but so far havenā€™t seen anythingā€¦

Maybe still tied up in court??

Still unavailable in Apple Watch Series 10:

• If you reside in the U.S. territories, please call Goldman Sachs at 877-255-5923 with questions about Apple Card.

• The ability to measure blood oxygen is no longer available on Apple Watch units sold by Apple in the United States beginning January 18, 2024. These are indicated with part numbers ending in LW/A. Learn how to identify your Apple Watch.

• Apple Watch Ultra 2, Apple Watch Series 10, and Apple Watch SE require iPhone Xs or later with iOS 18 or later.

• Features are subject to change. Some features, applications, and services may not be available in all regions or all languages. View complete list.

1 Like

Well, that sux, so Iā€™ll have to adjust my hopes a bitā€¦ I havenā€™t had a problem, but it was a nice handy thing. I have one of the Oxy Clips, just not as handyā€¦

Per TidBits: Apple announced via its website that we can expect macOS 15 Sequoia, iOS 18, iPadOS 18, watchOS 11, visionOS 2, tvOS 18, and HomePod Software 18 on 16 September 16, 2024.

1 Like

Summary and some highlights.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/apple-airpods-hearing-aid-fe67c09e?siteid=yhoof2

1 Like

FYI, hereā€™s the estimated trade in values from Apple:

Trade in your device for credit.

Just add a trade-in when you choose a new product. Once your device has been received and verified, weā€™ll credit the value to your payment method. Or, pay with Apple Card Monthly Installments and weā€™ll apply the credit instantly. Terms apply.

Your device Estimated trade-in value2
iPhone 15 Pro Max Up to $650
iPhone 15 Pro Up to $520
iPhone 15 Plus Up to $430
iPhone 15 Up to $410
iPhone 14 Pro Max Up to $500
iPhone 14 Pro Up to $400
iPhone 14 Plus Up to $320
iPhone 14 Up to $300
iPhone SE (3rd generation) Up to $100
iPhone 13 Pro Max Up to $400
iPhone 13 Pro Up to $340
iPhone 13 Up to $250
iPhone 13 mini Up to $200
iPhone 12 Pro Max Up to $300
iPhone 12 Pro Up to $220
iPhone 12 Up to $180
iPhone 12 mini Up to $150
iPhone SE (2nd generation) Up to $60
iPhone 11 Pro Max Up to $180
iPhone 11 Pro Up to $150
iPhone 11 Up to $120
iPhone XS Max Up to $120
iPhone XS Up to $80
iPhone XR Up to $90
iPhone X Up to $70
iPhone 8 Plus Up to $60
iPhone 8 Up to $40
iPhone 7 Plus Up to $40

I didnā€™t find the event that exciting. No new hardware ā€œmust haveā€ features, except perhaps the A18 chips to enable even faster (20-30%) ā€œApple Intelligenceā„¢ļøā€.

A bunch of current devices (*) will also support AIā„¢ļø at launch, including the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max and all M1 or greater iPads and Macs.

And Iā€™ll wait to see how much it improves things like Siri, but I dearly hope it doesnā€™t just end up becoming an intrusive annoyance that I wished I could disable, but canā€™t (this is still Apple after all).

(*) See This is every device that will support Apple Intelligence at launch - 9to5Mac

2 Likes