ARK buying NVDA shares

This is from the ARK funds on NVDA:

Nvidia (NVDA) fell by 19% after reporting a revenue miss in the third quarter and weak guidance for the fourth quarter. Nvidia’s graphic processing units (GPUs) are used to mine cryptoassets, particularly those based on the Ethereum blockchain. After cryptocurrency prices crashed in 2018, many GPUs were left unsold in the channel, resulting in weak sales and excess inventory. Nvidia noted that this is a short-term issue and expects its channel inventory to return to normal levels next year.

ARK’s model for Nvidia never has included meaningful crypto mining revenue and, rather, is based on growth in artificial intelligence (AI) and autonomous driving. We believe Nvidia is executing well on both fronts. The company continues to expand its total addressable market (TAM), with recent product introductions that cover machine learning inference, Hadoop analytics, ray tracing, and level 2 autonomous driving.

They must really be excited about this dip because they bought 135,515 shares today for around $22.2M across all their 4 disrupt funds including the genomics fund.

17 Likes

If anyone is not familiar with ark they have a handful of etfs focused on disruptive technologies. Their flagship fund has returned 37% annualized over the past 3 years. Definitely worth going over their holdings for ideas.

7 Likes

I could live with an average of 37%. I’m not the smartest fool in the shed.

1 Like

If anyone is not familiar with ark they have a handful of etfs focused on disruptive technologies. Their flagship fund has returned 37% annualized over the past 3 years. Definitely worth going over their holdings for ideas.

Well, their top idea is TSLA. They are insanely bullish. They leave even me thinking they are ridiculously optimistic.

-IGU-

3 Likes

They must really be excited about this dip because they bought 135,515 shares today for around $22.2M across all their 4 disrupt funds including the genomics fund.

$22,200,000 / 135,515 = $163.82

I wish I had that cost basis! Valuation does matter.

Denny Schlesinger

4 Likes

I think Ron Baron said Tesla would to $4000 in ten years or something like that. So, looks like there are a couple smart people drinking stronger cool aid than you😉

1 Like

ARK also really loves ILMN.

1 Like

The ARK WEB etf had 8% in BTC this time last year which contributed greatly to this etf’s performance. It’s my 5th larges5 holding

I think Ron Baron said Tesla would to $4000 in ten years or something like that.

No, that was Catherine Wood of ARK. She recently reiterated that in her open letter to Elon Musk asking him not to take Tesla private:
https://ark-invest.com/research/tesla-private

According to ARK Invest’s research, Tesla should be valued somewhere between $700 and $4,000 per share ?in five years. Taking Tesla private today at $420 per share would undervalue it greatly, depriving many investors of the opportunity to participate in its success. In our view, given the right investment time horizon, TSLA is a deep value stock today.

Our $4,000 price target assumes that Tesla evolves from a hardware manufacturer with 19% gross margins to a company generating most of its profits from Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS), a business that we believe will enjoy 80% gross margins.

Ron Baron is also a Tesla über-bull. He’s recently said Tesla will be a trillion dollar company by 2030. That’s approximately $5800 per share, about 16.5x today’s price.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/11/08/billionaire-ron-barons-…

-IGU-

4 Likes

ARK also really loves ILMN.

What is not to love? highly valued but a good Long term play

Where can we find this info on the buys? Thanks!

Where can we find this info on the buys? Thanks!

You can sign up for a daily email with their actively managed ETF buy and sells here :

https://ark-funds.com/trade-notifications

3 Likes

Great, thanks!