Axon's use of Zoom

Thought this might be of interest. I just listened to the AXON conference call. For those interested, they knocked the ball out of the park, and their stock was up ~22% after earnings. Amazing stuff going on at this company!

Anyway, back to Zoom. During the conference call ZM was mentioned 10 times, and Rick Smith (CEO) said this…

"Even though, I’ve been working from home and getting a lot more time with my kids including some pedicures for my daughter, Fortnite lessons from my son and helping film product demos with my teenager, I personally have had more face time with customers over Zoom than I’ve ever had even in person. I’ve been doing about five different Zoom customer meetings a day and that’s far higher than was possible when we had to travel in person for in-person meetings.

So my personal customer engagement velocity is way up. And Jawad and I will be attending more investor conferences this quarter than at any time in the past years as we can zoom into those as well. We’re proud to be thought leaders on driving technology adoption. And I’m pleased to see how well our customers have adapted to using this technology to be increasingly productive. I was on three customer meetings earlier today and most of them had never used videoconferencing before the COVID crisis and now it’s become standard.

Amazing. Notice he mentions Zoom–not video conferencing. While I expect he could get similar functionality from Webex Google Meet, MS Teams, etc. they seem pretty sold on Zoom. So I expect they must be totally comfortable with the security provided by ZM.

Good luck to all!
Sanjay

Long ZM
Long AAXN

26 Likes

I personally have had more face time with customers over Zoom than I’ve ever had even in person. I’ve been doing about five different Zoom customer meetings a day and that’s far higher than was possible when we had to travel in person for in-person meetings.

When I was working as a sales rep at NCR, the sales manager would say that if you visited eight customers very day you would make your quota. Years later, selling insurance, I read about the best insurance salesman ever. He just worked longer hours and visited more clients than anyone else during 50 weeks each year. Then he went fishing where no one could bother him the other two weeks.

If Zoom can increase the number of customer contacts it sure is worth its weight in gold.

Denny Schlesinger

4 Likes