Boring world?

I usually figure that any thread that has more than around ten posts is going into the weeds and barely worth peeking at. Currently, the board is being dominated by around half a dozen threads which are heading above 50 posts each and barely have relevancy.

Has no one noticed, other than Wendy, that there are goings on which are affecting their equity and bond portfolios?

Jeff
(Who figures that once you flog a subject to death, then poison it and behead it, it’s likely dead)

12 Likes

I just put most of the threads on ignore leaving Wendy’s intact. I will try to stop adding to the pollution. I apologize for my recent posts.

1 Like

Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

Has no one noticed, other than Wendy, that there are goings on which are affecting their equity and bond portfolios?

Jeff
(Who figures that once you flog a subject to death, then poison it and behead it, it’s likely dead)

I use this fancy feature “Ignore Thread” a lot.

The likely demise of ‘Truth Social’ due to “Stiffed vendors, huge financial losses” or ‘NATO to increase its presence in the Arctic in response to Russian expansion’ is far more interesting to me than “bond portfolios” whatever those are? }};-D

Tim

1 Like

It is an underlying fact of Shinyland that there is no such thing as “settled law”. We just saw a nearly 50 year old precedent overturned, because people kept arguing about it for half a century.

There are more cases in process that could overturn more than half a century of practice in how elections are run.

Education and health care being “affordable” for the vast majority of the population, vs only being the privilege of those who have ready means to pay a lot, is certainly a macro issue. The argument between those who benefit from widely available education and health care, vs those who want another tax cut, is infinite.

Trying to limit debate on any topic would be futile, because people in Shinyland, by nature and nurture, flog horses, because they have learned that even the deadest horse can be resurrected, and many have decided that compromise is “weakness”.

I don’t read every post on this board. Don’t even try. I scroll through the topics. If I see on that is interesting, I’ll read it. If I see a highly recommended post, I’ll look at it, and scroll through the other posts in that thread to see the context.

Steve

8 Likes

Currently, the board is being dominated by around half a dozen threads which are heading above 50 posts each and barely have relevancy.

As opposed to pre-Purge, when people would make a post, maybe garner a rec or two, and there’d be zero conversation at all until someone else posted the same link a couple hours later, at which point the dupe would be fingered, a couple more recs might be sprinkled, and the matter lost to the dust bin? Not sure which I prefer, really…

2 Likes

As opposed to pre-Purge, when people would make a post, maybe garner a rec or two, and there’d be zero conversation at all until someone else posted the same link a couple hours later,

Not really. Climate change related posts have induced threads over 100 comments long, for years.

Steve

1 Like

Boring World?

Where!?

We live in world where the labor / capital dynamic has been turned on its head.

We live in a world where the rise of the smart phone is now 14 years old and has penetrated the entire planet.

We live in a world where you can order a hat from a factory in China directly from Amazon and a few months later it will show up.

We live in a world where anyone on the planet can get high speed internet. And they can get for about the same money as a second phone line and an internet provider cost in 1998. In inflation adjusted term, less.

We live in a world where the fuel efficiency of gasoline automobile engines went up in a 20 percent step change about 2012. That increase has worked its way through the entire fleet.

We live in a world where fixed battery storage is at the tipping point in cost and reliability for mass adoption.

We live in a world where treating aging as a disease is a thing.

Boring!? Boring is for the ill informed and those that are not curious. For those willing to fed information streams that create emotional responses without discernment or thoughtfulness.

We don’t live in a boring world, we just have boring people posting boring stuff.

Cheers
Qazulight

20 Likes

Climate change related posts have induced threads over 100 comments long, for years.

That’s a straw man and we both known it.

It is an underlying fact of Shinyland that there is no such thing as “settled law”.

Thank god for that! Settled law and settled science are the symptoms of stagnation!

The Captain

It is an underlying fact of Shinyland that there is no such thing as “settled law”.

Thank god for that! Settled law and settled science are the symptoms of stagnation!

The Captain

+++++++++++++

The postulates that exist in math are still solid, however should we learn otherwise we will be the better for that knowledge.

All knowledge should be tested…constantly so. Same with the law and “settled law”. If it gets tested and fails, then so be it. Time changes, science changes and religion about the law changes. It is the nature of progressive evolution.

YR

1 Like