Broker recommendations

I am thinking of moving my assets to either Fidelity or Charles Schwab. Any other recommendations and/or vote for either Fidelity or Charles Schwab?

I am a long term investor investing thru ETFs and funds mostly. I require so little from a broker, yet my overall experience with E Trade has been underwhelming.

I’ve only used Fidelity, so I can’t compare it to alternatives, but in my 13 years there I haven’t had any real issues. It has been good enough for my needs.

1 Like

I’ve had lots of years of good execution and customer service at TDAmeritrade. They’re being merged into Charles Schwab in 2023, though, so that might–or might not–change.

Eric Hines

I have used Schwab for around 30 years. I gave my IRA to Edward Jones for a couple years because they were offering a bonus, but I did not care for their interface and switched back.

All of that said, I’m not sure it makes that much difference; I have friends with Fidelity and/or Vanguard, and they seem pleased, too.

DW and I have been Fidelity customers since 1986. We have cash management accounts, brokerage accounts, Traditional IRA and Roth IRA accounts there. We also take advantage of their credit card which pays back 2% on every purchase (no limit) and free ATM services. Their website and mobile apps are pretty much flawless. They SELDOM solicit us to “help” us with our investing decisions, and when we politely refuse, they go away. No hassles whatsoever.

They pay us every year to use their services and we :heart: Fidelity. Not only that, but they’re based in Boston - the Hub of the Universe :wink:

What more could you ever want from a Financial Services Organization?
'38Packard

1 Like

Welcome, I have been with Schwab since the late 90’s and have never had a problem. I highly recommend them to you…doc

That is my default charge card. The other are my Costco (Citi) card, that gets used for travel, restaurants, and (of course) Costco, and my Amazon (Chase) card which is pretty much just for Amazon.