Charter schools are a favorite of the JCs

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/education/update-epic-char…
OKLAHOMA CITY — The founders of Epic Charter Schools have been arrested and charged with bilking Oklahoma’s largest school system out of tens of millions of taxpayer dollars by enrolling ghost students, falsifying invoices and fraudulently using credit cards paid for with school funds to cover personal and out-of-state charter school expenses and even political contributions.

Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater on Thursday filed the racketeering case against David Chaney, 43, and Ben Harris, 46, after a years-long probe by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation and a damning October 2020 investigative audit by the state auditor and inspector.

3 Likes

Not everything should be privatized.

1 Like

For sure.

OK, I give up. What are “the JCs”?

Even Google couldn’t help.

Jesus Christ, just chilling, just checking, Joe Cocker, just chatting, Jungle Cruise, Jackie Chan, Jimmy Carter, jewelcrafter, just curious, etc., etc.???

AW

1 Like

OK, I give up. What are “the JCs”?

That’s Steve’s shorthand for job creators.

DB2

2 Likes

Steve’s shorthand for job creators.

Correction. It has been taken over from Steve and has now become this board’s shorthand for “job creators” with the quotation marks used to make clear a high level of sarcasm. The phrase goes back at least to the Romney Obama election. Gosh, what innocent days those were.

david fb

5 Likes

That’s Steve’s shorthand for job creators.

:+1:

AW

Sorry for the confusion. I thought it was well established shorthand on this board.

1 Like

I thought it was well established shorthand on this board.

Yes, if you’ve read a few of Steve’s posts.

And don’t forget the shiny JCs, who are even better than the regular ones.

Pete

2 Likes

Steve has posted jc shorthand for job creator daily for ten or fifteen years it seems. He’s going for the Fox news method of indoctrination into his worldview,I’m certain.:slight_smile:

Jk

flyerboys writes,

Correction. It has been taken over from Steve and has now become this board’s shorthand for “job creators” with the quotation marks used to make clear a high level of sarcasm. The phrase goes back at least to the Romney Obama election. Gosh, what innocent days those were.

Yes. “Job Creators” were the major theme of the 2012 GOP National Convention, which political experts found rather puzzling. The “Job Creators” make up less than 10% of voters and are often at odds with workers/employees.

intercst

3 Likes

“Job Creators” were the major theme of the 2012 GOP National Convention, which political experts found rather puzzling.

Yes! And political experts found it puzzling why? because they were and are professional idiots! (Amazing but normal, yes?)

Look, I will try to walk the line to not get this post squazzled, but I do believe it very valuable to understand our current terms of conversation and crucial relevant debates about macroeconomic policy.

The point the GOP was making in 2012 to those not in the 10% “Job Creators” was that “Without us JC’s being happy and sassy about investing all we have in the USA all non-silver-spooners would starve or only find employment in ho’ing and pimpin’!”

Perhaps I overstep.

Anyway, it did not work in 2012, ezpecially after the leaked audio from Romney fundraising with a crowd of the 10% JCs (much or which is perfectly sane and useful, especially compated to current discourse, but the TONE was deadly).

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/watch-full-secretly-tape…

Romney off media speaking to the JC’s simply made things too clear. But what is amazing is how ancient some of that history is, abd how some is stil front row relevant. E.g. take a listen at 10:30 regarding predictions way back then about Fed policy right now.

The JC’s do not give a damn about Nozick’s (or anybody’s?) moral philosophy, they just want to see the money, and that is more moral and honest than most.

david fb

2 Likes