Did you hear it?

Over on the Saul’s Investing Discussions board, there was a collective sigh of relief after today’s stock market session ended. This was followed by the murmuring of prayers for the rally to continue, along with quiet promises to pay more attention to valuation in the future.

1 Like

I am not sure “thoughts and prayers” is a winning port strategy, but what do I know.

Saul must have been down, what, 60% yesterday?
So at $40 from start of $100 at beg of year.
He goes up 16% to $46.4, or still down 53.6% YTD.

Break out the champagne.

Dreamer

2 Likes

Hahaha. Exactly what i was thinking. Poor souls in that echo chamber. They are a bunch of damn fools. Anyone with 2 grains of cents seen this regime change coming. Too damn stubborn to see 100 p/s ratios might be the top. Feel sorry for the ones late to the party. Time to move on.

1 Like

How old would he have to be, 85? I think he is run by his daughter?

:japanese_goblin: As a octogenarian millunial, I must, with all due respect, say “Up yours”. :wink:

I will say that Saul’s is one of a few boards that I have bookmarked (oh, my, these are now Categories–does that mean that I have categorized them???}… but I don’t bother to read most of the posts.

I am all for unfettered board posting, but I hope WAFtT doesn’t become a place for dissing Saul’s.

KC, who at 80+ is still KC–except when he forgets why he is in the closet or whose closet he is in. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

I agree.
No need to bash Saul the person.

You want to bash the momentum-based strategy of high-growth investing without caring about valuation? Feel free.

You want to bash the board rules, apparent ignoring of rules by those that made the rules, or general unaccountability over there? Not a prob.

But we don’t need to make it personal.
Life is too short to waste our time in silly conflicts.

Life is especially too short for older guys, like KC.

Speaking of which, let me re-type my post in easier-to-read font for KC:

HI KC. I WAS JUST SAYING THAT WE SHOULD BE, LIKE, NICER AND STUFF.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND.

NO. I DIDN’T ASK IF YOU FELT WEAKENED. I SAID ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND. NO. OK, LET’S TRY THIS: ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.

OH GOD. NO, I DIDN’T SAY I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT FABERGE SOMEDAY…I DON’T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE, UNLESS YOU WERE WATCHING OCEAN’S ELEVEN. NO…NOT THE SINATRA MOVIE…THE CLOONEY ONE. NO…NO…NOT THE GUY THAT PLAYED 007, THAT IS CONNERY.

NEVERMIND.

DREAMER (Dreamer)

6 Likes

Are you still keeping track of the ZM vs CAKE stock performance contest?

I hadn’t been, but you made me look.

CAKE still up 80% since May 2020.
ZM still down about -50% since May 2020.

So much for the greatest SaaS metrics of all time.

Dreamer