Elon Musk Investing Advice

… Musk decided that the day of Berkshire’s annual meeting was the time to dispense some investing advice of his own.

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/elon-musk-has-an-origin…

Since I’ve been asked a lot:

Buy stock in several companies that make products & services that you believe in.

Only sell if you think their products & services are trending worse. Don’t panic when the market does.

This will serve you well in the long-term.

Elon Musk (via twitter)

Also noted that the My Pillow Guy got booted off of twitter 3 hours after his return.

intercst

I’m surprised his best financial advice wasn’t get born into a family with an emerald mine.

2 Likes

Since I’ve been asked a lot: Buy stock in several companies that make products & services that you believe in," Musk wrote on Twitter in the early morning on May 1.

Sounds like Peter Lynch

He added that: “Only sell if you think their products & services are trending worse. Don’t panic when the market does,” Musk said. “This will serve you well in the long-term.”

Sounds like Peter Lynch

What’s not to like?

The Captain

2 Likes

Since I’ve been asked a lot: Buy stock in several companies that make products & services that you believe in,"

Meh. Who the heck cares what I believe in? My belief in something has never made me a great prognosticator of the future stock performance. Why would I trust my personal preference?!?

I signed up for Netflix during the Pandemic, anyone seen how that has performed lately? I started using StitchFix (SFIX) last year, how about that one?

Anyone recommend I buy either of those?!? :wink:

I’d much rather buy stock in companies that many others believe in, even when I have my doubts. THAT has served me much better. Never owned an Apple product (but made a lot off their stock), never owned a Tesla (but should have made MORE off their stock), heck, I don’t use the vast majority of the stock companies I own. Why would I ever think I have more wisdom or knowledge that the collective knowledge of others?

Hawkwin
Who has more experience with people’s beliefs leading them to generally make less informed choices…

4 Likes

Hawkwin,

I’d much rather buy stock in companies that many others believe in, even when I have my doubts.

Exactly!

America has long celebrated ignorance and innumeracy. Crypto may be the future.

intercst

Since I’ve been asked a lot: Buy stock in several companies that make products & services that you believe in,"

Meh. Who the heck cares what I believe in? My belief in something has never made me a great prognosticator of the future stock performance. Why would I trust my personal preference?!?

Exactly! If everyone were like myself, McDonald’s would have collapsed in 2004, the year I watched the movie Super Size Me. I was so grossed out that I’ve been avoiding McDonald’s ever since. Despite this, McDonald’s is still around.

1 Like