First Post - 15 characters

testing, does this even work

2 Likes

Yes, yes it works! Congrats on being the first poster in the new system. Let us know how we can help.

1 Like

Hi! Glad to see you made it over. I even see some old threads were migrated. Was everything migrated? Will migration of old threads happen even for the non-stock boards on the old site? Is this AMD board considered to be a “premium” board now? I happen to be a paying customer at the moment but I will probably not renew come November when my 2 years are up. [ EDIT: and editing works! ]

It appears that every thread started this year has been migrated. Older posts can still be seen on the old boards, but they might go away by the end of the year.

Thanks. I should probably read the “New Site Help and Feedback” “category”… And it appears that the only “Tags” are predefined company names, like “advanced-micro-devices” instead of the stock symbol, like “AMD”. Not sure if I like that yet.

@g0177325

Only because I haven’t gotten around to aliasing tickers to all the companies yet…give me until the end of the week and you’ll be able to type AMD and it will substitute advanced-micro-devices for you. It’s on the list - but I couldn’t do anything until the imports were complete.

Also, there is both this site and a premium site -they had to be separated for a few reasons. If you see the Premium Community button at the top, it will take you over to that site (it’s currently down for maintenance though - try it tomorrow.

Ok, good. Thanks! [ EDIT: making my post have at least 20 chars or else it won’t post! ]

I get around that by having a super long tag on my posts so I’m never at a loss for characters. :slight_smile:

Fuskie
Who uses a text macro extension to Chrome so all he has to do is press CTL-ALT-0…

Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I’ll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), JFrog (FROG), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), Blackbaud (BLKB), StitchFix (SFIX)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie’s and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: CMF_Fuskie’s Profile
Fool Code of Conduct: The Motley Fool's Rules – Terms of Use & Conditions of Sale
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!

Hey - all companies and tickers are linked so you can search by either and the results will be the same. It’s especially handy on the Stocks A to Z board when you want to just type the tag instead of the whole company name.

It’s interesting. Usually you see a move to “similar but better” or “upgraded”… this is merely “different.” Remains to be seen whether it represents an improvement over the (now 20+ year old) previous message board experience. It seems… very, very busy.

1 Like