Forbes: A Look At Burning Man Vehicles

Forbes headline: Burning Man 2022: Inside The Outrageous Mutant Vehicles Of The Future

Jim Dobson Senior Contributor - Searching the world for the most amazing People, Places and Things
Follow

Aug 2, 2022,09:00am EDT

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2022/08/02/burning-ma…

Born in Frankfurt, Alexandra Lier is an award-winning artist working across various media. Over the last decade, she built a substantial reputation in fine art photography. Her dramatic and cinematic photos have been featured in three books she has published: “The World’s Fastest Place,” and “Mutant Vehicles.” Alexandra is working on a second book about Mutant Vehicles. Till then, you can order Mutant Vehicles - Art on Wheels at Burning Man here.

I spoke with Alexandra about her history with Burning Man and her favorite memories. "I’ve been to Burning Man for years,” she said. I started thinking about Burning Man, when a friend of mine went in 1999, which was at that time a small Burning Man Festival. He showed me photos. As a gearhead, I was immediately fascinated by what the artists build. I had never seen anything like it, so I decided I wanted to go.

“I think this year will be special,” she adds. “It hasn’t taken place for two years now, and all the artists and mutant vehicle builders are full of energy and want to bring their new or old works. I am really looking forward to it. For me, Burning Man is the biggest outdoor art festival in the world, and I celebrate that. I think the atmosphere will be special after such a long time. I’m also looking forward to seeing my friends again.”