Free hotel stay

I will be researching options for any and all insurance coverage but if you want a free 5 day hotel stay with food provided, go to Greece for a superyacht cruise, test Covid positive on the pre-cruise testing. They put you on a motorcoach alone, drop you at a hotel and there you are until you test test negative two days in a row. There is a 5000 euro fine for leaving quaratine.

I actually ended up with something that felt like worst strep ever + sinus infection. So while I have no idea what I will salvage from the cost of the trip, apparently the Greek gov’t covered the quarantine hotel.

1 Like

That’s a lousy reason to have to spend 5 nights in a Greek hotel. I hope you are feeling better and that you find a way to salvage both cost and enjoyment of the trip.

What’s a superyacht?

ThyPeace, and what’s the difference between a yacht and a regular boat, for that matter?

1 Like

What’s a superyacht?

A boat is smaller than a yacht and a yacht is smaller than a superyacht. It’s all about size.

AC still thinks they’re compensating for something

3 Likes

Google “Emerald Azzurra”

1 Like

A boat is smaller than a yacht and a yacht is smaller than a superyacht. It’s all about size.

AC still thinks they’re compensating for something

And one more time, I wonder why I posted in the first place. Commercial trip; not compensating for anything.

2 Likes

I wonder why I posted in the first place.

The people who own them for private use, not you RAD. I appreciate you opening a window on your experience with Covid. I like poking fun at people who have so much money they really have no concept of what to do with it. Like taking trips right up to the edge of but not actually going to space.

AC don’t take me too seriously

4 Likes

Emerald Azzurra looks like a downright luxurious experience. I went on a cruise on a similarly-sized vessel when I was younger (my youngest brother graduated from high school and dad decided to take us all on a trip to celebrate). That boat was no luxury vessel like this one, but nice enough and we had a fabulous experience. Whales, puffins, seals, more whales, MORE WHALES, bald eagles, bears, caribou, glaciers and their calves…

Anyway, I hope you get to actually take the cruise at some point. Looks awesome.

ThyPeace, would go on a cruise like that again in a heartbeat. Not so much the giant floating skyscrapers.

1 Like