Fuzzy Wuzzy UPST

Lots of Pro/Con discussion on UPST since they pre-announced their upcoming train wreck of an ER. So…since the company was on my short list of potential adds under my superbly timed and mucho magnificent theory of “How much lower can it go?” I thought I would add some additional meaningless but perhaps poignant screech to the cacophony.

It’s really very simple: I invest in growth companies and as Jonwayne (sp?) so cogently pointed out on Saul’s board, UPST is no longer a growth company. It’s a hope-I-get-better-in-the-future company; which, it may well do. But if it does get better and returns to its promise and potential of turning an entire industry on its head - a 25-40 bagger for sure. Well then…getting back in after it regains a bagger or two on the path back to glory will be meaningless in the big picture sort of way. You’ll still be filthy rich and you can still tell everyone you stuck it out thru thick and thin. Bigger whoppers have been told on the Fool from time to time. Anyway…if you are still a little undecided on the issue look at it like this:

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t Fuzzy
No by gosh, he wasn’t, was he?

This is exactly the situation that UPST now finds itself in: it is now a growth company without growth.

All the Best,

3 Likes

…it is now a growth company without growth.

The James Webb Space Telescope is a remarkable instrument. It’s an infrared telescope. It views the
universe as infrared.

Wishing you and your wife a safe and magical trip.

Ears