Green for the first time ever

When CAPs started years ago, I used MACRO economic analysis to pick stocks. It was a disaster. Then I used the BMW method. It was also a disaster. I shut down CAPs and all my investing until I could come up with a new plan. Over a year ago, in fact a coupe now, I found this board. I just took one of Saul’s end of month reviews and threw it into CAPs. (Along with a couple of my old dividend payers.) I have adjusted it along the way. I have a couple that Saul doesn’t have and have tossed a couple Saul may or may not have. (I tossed Blackline) The CAPs Port does not mirror mine or Saul’s Port exactly, it just follows along pretty close.

In the time I have been playing following Saul, I have gone from negative 300+ to positive 12. Personally, I am convinced that I can do this and am adding money into Saul stocks from cash as I can.

I find Saul investing to be time consuming, if done right, and due to my past failures I will not invest without consensus with my wife. In addition to the research, we have to talk things over. This takes time. Things like rebuilding a townhouse, moving to a new job, taking care of sick parents all cut into the time, so buying even 12 stocks can take a year.

Anyway, thanks Saul and others for sharing. I do not just follow Saul. The Bear is awesome too, and others.

Cheers
Qazulight

32 Likes

I shut down CAPs and…

How do you shut down (erase) your CAPs record. I eliminated (sold) all my CAPs picks but I can’t get CAPs to forget them.

Denny Schlesinger

Create a new user name.

I did not start over, but my points quit going down because I didn’t have any stocks.

Qazulight

Create a new user name.

Thanks, but I don’t think I want to do that…

Denny Schlesinger

1 Like

I have gone from negative 300+ to positive 12

Qaz, what did you mean here?

Dan

My CAPs score was negative 300 or so. I had trailed the market. I have beat the market enough in the last couple of years that I have moved up over 300 points and even with my prior losses, an now beating the market.

Note,

My speculative account was moved partially into “Saul” stocks last April and May. It is up, but all of the losses in that account are not recovered yet. However, I believe I can reasonably expect to see break even in a year or so and should start adding other accounts to this method in 18 months.

Cheers
Qazulight

1 Like