I just ordered my 4 free COVID tests

17 days later still no tests.

Another failure of Gov’t, or the Post Office.

Interesting. I ordered mine the day before the ‘official’ date and got them a week ago yesterday. Next door neighbor got his this past Monday.

Pete

1 Like

17 days later still no tests.

Another failure of Gov’t, or the Post Office.

I know a bunch of people who have received tests. I expect it is first come, first served, so that if one was less than speedy putting in the request, then it may take a while to fulfill. Of course, there are also stories of tests being stolen out of the mailbox …

So why hoard them?

IP

Make incorrect rude assumptions often don’t you?

My two granddaughters are heavily into sports (Soccer and Vollyball) and their mom is looking forward to getting two packs of them tomorrow when we join them for cake and gifts for the eldest one’s birthday. Would have delivered them earlier but COVID you know?

Bye!

2 Likes

Good chance that a good percentage of test kits will be useless.

Another good reason for picking them up at the library and having more than enough for those who can actually make it to the library? Not everyone can.

My daughter in California got her four tests, only trouble is she has three sons for a total of five in the family … two of them had COVID (very mild but they failed multiple tests at school). She ordered a bunch from Amazon. Not long after her employer sent her a large number to distribute to her and her staff.

Our federal government orders them in bulk and distributes them to the provinces based on population.

Anymouse

1 Like

So why hoard them?

IP

Make incorrect rude assumptions often don’t you?

From your previous post:

We were told we could each pick up a five pack at our local library today but freezing rain, icy streets and we still have 16 tests left in my filing cabinet so we didn’t bother. We simply don’t need a lot of them as we rarely leave the condo…

Sounds to me like the only reason you didn’t get the five additional tests to add to your existing 16, even though “We simply don’t need a lot of them…,” was because the weather was bad. Yes, that sounds like hoarding to me! If I made the wrong assessment, it’s because of your description of your own situation!

1 Like