IOS16.01 questions re update

Has everyone updated their phones etc ? I’m still hesitating, have seen some not-so- good issues re display screen etc…. Any experience

from users would be helpful. Thanks

1 Like

I updated an 8plus, no issues.

2 Likes

I’m holding off on updating my 8Plus, but it is comforting that you have. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I updated on the 26th and no issues. I have an iPhone 13 pro. There are some cool new features.

My 8+ has 78% battery cap, but seems so much worse. Considering a battery replacement versus a new iPhone.

My 8+ battery is at 82%. Yes, I see the low battery warnings a lot more often, but I have chargers set up everywhere I spend time so, for example, charging a bit while I watch TV in the evening means no problems until I charge again at bedtime.

I’m happy with the button and fingerprint reader, and not looking forward to loosing them, so for now I’m staying put for now.

I just checked with Apple Chat. A battery replacement is only $49. My back glass is cracked, and it costs $400 to replace. Apparently the phone guts are permanently attached to the glass. Of course Apple won’t replace the battery while the glass is cracked.

So I’ll be getting a 14 soon…

Updated my 13 - no issues.

I updated my 8 and all seems fine. The battery was terrible before the update and doesn’t seem worse now. Debating whether to buy a new battery or ask for a 14 for the holidays.

I have hesitated because I have read that some are having issues with update and the changes to the home display screen. I sort of like mine the way it is, am hoping there is an option in the new update where I can let the display screen stay as is - do you know if I can? thx

I still have the original home screen. I also created a couple of others from my own night sky photos.

1 Like

Oh that’s good to know- was it difficult to set up and leaving display screen as it was originally? Thx

When you wake your phone, touch the screen, then touch the + sign to add another home screen option. It will then ask you if you want to pair the picture or graphic that you select to also use as the wallpaper. For wallpaper, there is a blur box checked - uncheck it to unblur the wallpaper.

1 Like

Wow - thanks RazzMatazz:
So, if I understand - my original home screen will disappear and I’ll have to find it again…? uh oh! I’m using an old photo of a breaching whale and I want to retain it…

My original home screen is still there (a photo from Apple that was on my iPhone XS that carried over to my iPhone 13 Pro), it didn’t disappear. If you want to create a new one wake screen and home screen, it is very easy to do. you just add a new one by touching the plus sign.

You can create several and toggle them at any time by touch and hold the wake screen and select the one you want to use.

1 Like

Thx for the info - will give it a try after storm passes completely . We are on east coast of Florida . Thankfully Ian went west and north. Just have rain, tornado warnings, winds, yard debris etc to clean up from, probably tomorrow.Appreciate the help.

| RazzMatazz
September 28 |

• | - |

My original home screen is still there (a photo from Apple that was on my iPhone XS that carried over to my iPhone 13 Pro), it didn’t disappear. If you want to create a new one wake screen and home screen, it is very easy to do. you just add a new one by touching the plus sign.

You can create several and toggle them at any time by touch and hold the wake screen and select the one you want to use.

Went for it right away, well, once I was home again, and no problems beyond what I had initially with Image Capture failing to download pics, so I updated my PhotoSync and use it now…