Just a note to all those who left this board

When you are an investor in Berkshire, I guess you have to be old, or old fashioned and generally don’t like changes. The new board format certainly has its benefits. For ex: here is one of my recent post, the ability to post graphs, tables, links are really wonderful, refreshing. But It is sad you all left over something as silly as board format without even trying.

Of course you have the right to go and form your own kingdom!!!

3 Likes

When you are an investor in Berkshire, I guess you have to be old, or old fashioned and generally don’t like changes.

That’s the way to bring them back. LOL

11 Likes

Guys who love Charlie Munger takes offense to this??? Whatever…

Huh? Non sequitur much? Insulting those who have departed just seems odd and senseless. But it that makes you happy…

5 Likes

I merely pointed they don’t like changes and old fashioned. Is that insulting?

The takedown of the old boards content is why I left, rather than much about the new site. Losing all that content is just not something that my relationship with TMF can recover from. I wish them luck, but I want nothing to do with them again, ever.

I think the new boards had some fairly nice features, but … critically, the TMF didn’t understand how their power users used the site, and a lot of those users left. Little navigability and usability things people had gotten used to were more important than appreciated, I guess.

8 Likes

The loss of content of the old boards are indeed a shame. Often some of the posts, required old content context. But, It is a free service, so you get what you paid for. I guess these boards are nearing their death, which I guess they don’t mind either.

2 Likes

I dislike the new format because

1. Its organization prevents me from reading the board the way I liked
  2. All the people I like to read left as well

If that’s old-fashioned, then you youngsters are well rid of us.

R:)

1 Like

To be fair I am still following Saul who did not leave, so I am coming back every few weeks to check up on that board. I think Saul is also a fan/user of some of the premium services.

5 Likes