Las Vegas Grass/Turf Ban

… I’m pretty sure that “nonfunctional turf” modifier means that golf courses get all the water they need.

Where Lawns Are Outlawed (and Dug Up, and Carted Away)
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/03/climate/las-vegas-lawn-gr…

intercst

2 Likes

I back a golf course where they are watering every day. Ok, Ok maybe twice a day. They’re in a flood zone where all the water below them is pumpable. They have been there for over 60 years. Should they stop watering?
What I think is that a newer home should not have equal rights nor should it have been built due to the lack of resources. It is something that your city officials should know! The government yells about lack of resources but it was like this 60 years ago, they don’t remember? Currently, we are 5+ times the size with the same resources, there could be long-term problems. Wate, stop, it is global warming, not lack of planning.

1 Like

I back a golf course where they are watering every day. Ok, Ok maybe twice a day. They’re in a flood zone where all the water below them is pumpable. They have been there for over 60 years. Should they stop watering?
What I think is that a newer home should not have equal rights nor should it have been built due to the lack of resources. It is something that your city officials should know! The government yells about lack of resources but it was like this 60 years ago, they don’t remember? Currently, we are 5+ times the size with the same resources, there could be long-term problems. Wate, stop, it is global warming, not lack of planning.

In most communities, the city officials answer to the real estate developers, not the voters.

intercst

4 Likes