little sauls...

Tom,

Keep up the great work you are doing. Your posts have helped me immensely over the years.

Thank you,

mazske

2 Likes

Hi Tom, Thanks for the nice post about our board. I really appreciate it, and I’m sure all the people who have contributed to it and made it what it is appreciate your comments as well. When I started the board, I never imagined we’d have 5000 posts in a year. People do seem to get along here, too. They disagree about stocks but rarely, really rarely, is there any personal acrimony. Also have you noticed the FAQ/Knowledgebase compilations that Neil does every month? His latest is post #4941 on the board.

http://discussion.fool.com/faqknowledgebase-jan-2015-31562856.as…

And we do seem to have been noticed by the main MF office. In the month of November, for instance, 5 of the 20 or so MF Posts of the Day were selected from this board, which is really remarkable if you consider the total number of Public boards, Rule Breaker, Stock Advisor, and other paid service boards, it’s probably a thousand boards or more to choose from.

Best wishes, thanks, and welcome to the board.

Saul

5 Likes

Hey Tom,

I didn’t realise you would be so quick to jump into this board. I was only hoping you would consider coming here when I mentioned it to you over at HG.

I 'm super super excited to see you here :slight_smile:

Please come often, and let’s all discuss stocks.

Yay!

Anirban

2 Likes

Saul, just to drop a personal note to you. I am reading and learning about you first time and only because I follow tome and his post led me to you. I have great appreciation and respect for Tom E. He is one of the individuals from investing world I would like to meet along with David G (if I ever I decide to meet anyone) outside likes of Warren Buffet.

Anyways my personal note to you is to let you know that I have added you to my list of people I follow. I would like to thank you for this opportunity. I do believe in peer review and it seems I have plenty to look forward to with your current reputation. Thanks.

Instead of being known as “little Sauls” I would prefer to be known as one of “the Sauls of the earth.”

I think the pun appropriately captures my respect for those on this board.

Jeb

2 Likes

Tom,

You fit into this board like peas and carrots. I have always admired your analysis of positions through the years.

Thank you for posting and welcome aboard!!!

Jim

1 Like

Hi Saul,

When I started the board, I never imagined we’d have 5000 posts in a year

Well it is an amazing thing. I have tried and I have failed over and over again.

And we do seem to have been noticed by the main MF office. In the month of November, for instance, 5 of the 20 or so MF Posts of the Day were selected from this board, which is really remarkable if you consider the total number of Public boards, Rule Breaker, Stock Advisor, and other paid service boards, it’s probably a thousand boards or more to choose from.

Your board is wonderful. I am sad, because I didn’t discover it earlier. I thank the many friends I have that directed me here. I have never been able to accomplish what you have done, and I have tried often. The Foolish Collective was accomplished by many. You have done something wonderful alone. I have tried to do this for years and have failed. I need to have a stream of good investments. Due to TMF trading rules, it really helps if those ideas are outside the TMF universe.

Regardless I think you have done something amazing. I would be proud to be “little Saul 1000”. I would be glad to be little Saul 1, but that would probably be presumptuous. So one 1000 is fine. hehehe

My purpose is too keep my returns high. I have a very ambitious goal - It is a pride thing. I have reached my goals, but I want more.

But TMF loves your board. Believe me - they do!

tom e

10 Likes

Hi Saul,

You owe me no thanks. I owe you!

I hope we have not lost Franco.

We are diminished when we lose even one person

tom e

1 Like

The only investing board that I know of that had more posts in one year is the board now called New Paradigm Investing. Originally it was called Rule the World or something. But it wasn’t really new and it wasn’t a one man show. They were three or four Fools who eventually branched out to form their own investing newsletter which quickly folded.

A couple of board I started got way less than 5000, FMD 594, KNDI 1008 in three years. But KNDI, the stock, has been great, IRR 53% since the board was started. LOL

Well done Saul!

Denny Schlesinger

3 Likes

Mykie,

Catching up on some reading (only two months behind) and read your gem about Saul’s Investing Discussions. Thanks for a clear explanation of how it has benefited you. It probably has helped others too.

I appreciate you recommending the board to me last year. I have learned a lot from the discussions and particularly Saul’s clear eyed reviews of his investing principles and why he buys or sells stocks. This is a great board for the principles of investing.

Again thanks for the recommendation. I hope Saul continues to provide his thoughts for a long, long time.

BigOil1

2 Likes