Looked at HUBS

Decided not to add.

We listened to the 2016 inbound video, an hour and 15 minutes. Then to
the last quarter conference call.

After thinking about it, the company has been in business ten years and still isn’t turning non-gap profits.

We will wait until the last quarter and see if they post at least a non-gap profit.

We bought this one without proper due diligence. We are just now getting back
to reviewing this one.

We are not still fully invested, our next two companies to look at are PAYC (Paycom) and SQ (Square) We want a little exposure to finance.

We have two business marketing technology companies Hubspot and Shopify. One retail marketing company AMZN (Amazon) one home builder LGIH (LGI Homes)

And two non Saul Stocks, VFF (Village Farms) and ERF (Enerplus)

ERF will be gone before
labor day but we will keep Village Farms for a little while. Who knows, it may go up in smoke, or it may get really high.

Cheers
Qazulight

4 Likes

After thinking about it, the company has been in business ten years and still isn’t turning non-gap profits. We will wait until the last quarter and see if they post at least a non-gap profit.

Hi Qazulight, Not sure what you are looking at. Here’s from the March quarter press release:

Non-GAAP net income was $1.2 million, or $0.03 per basic and diluted share for the quarter, compared to net loss of ($3.9) million, or ($0.11) per basic and diluted share, in the first quarter of 2016.

Saul

5 Likes

Thanks Saul,

We will dig a little more.

Cheers
Qazulight

We will dig a little more.

I’m not saying they are guaranteed to continue to do so, or that you should change your opinion based on that, but they did surprise themselves and make a profit earlier than they expected (which was quarter four).

Saul

Looked again.

Wife bought, at 67.15. We now have a full and a half position. 12 percent of port. I told her we buy no more.

Cheers
Qazulight

1 Like

Looked again. …We now have a full and a half position. 12 percent of port.

That’s a pretty large change of mind! I’m ok with it! I’ve got an 8.6% position, and have increased my share count 12% in July.

Bear

" I told her we buy no more."

Qazulight,

I hope those were not your exact words. In my household I always get the last word. She tells me to shut up and I say…OK!

Rob

4 Likes

That’s a pretty large change of mind! I’m ok with it! I’ve got an 8.6% position, and have increased my share count 12% in July.

Bear,

We had 8 percent. We heard the conference call wrong. I had been wanting to add on the dip, but my wife while liking the company, (We watched last years 1 hour and 15 minute video. ) did not like the losses so late in the company’s life. When we re listened, we heard what Saul heard. The company had non-gap profits now, not 4th quarter. So we added.

We now have Paycom and Square on deck. It takes time to do this even poorly. So, we are using a what a I call “The speculative portfolio” and I am trying to give my wife the experience as she has a better sense of selling and buying than I do.

Cheers
Qazulight

2 Likes

I hope those were not your exact words. In my household I always get the last word. She tells me to shut up and I say…OK!

Rob,

No, it is more like, “Ok, we got a oversized position here and we haven’t filled out the portfolio with the the target 12 companies.” (8 to 12 companies is the strategic target) We are not that experienced in this form of high volatility investing, so rather than try to optimize now, we need to finish the portfolio out.

The only reason we spent the time and revisited this one was that we made the initial purchase in a hurry and without proper research, and the stock price was declining. We needed to get our act together before we moved ahead.

Personally I did not want to buy anything until we had given each company a confidence rating, but she wanted to start buying and it is just as well, she needed to learn the mechanics of Think Or Swim at TDAmeritrade anyway.

Cheers
Qazulight

I think it is still a valid observation that the company has only just recently turned a profit once in a 10 year time span

2 Likes

I think it is still a valid observation that the company has only just recently turned a profit once in a 10 year time span

I’ll second that, especially at $69 a stub.

Maybe I’m getting too old for the game now, I like real growing profits
and reasonable PE’s, like Facebook etc. has.

JT