LYLT?

You might find this discussion interesting: https://discussion.fool.com/fka-still-falling-lylt-35148854.aspx…

I bought a position in LYLT after reading it. Risky? You bet. But I think the up/down probability is asymmetric.

What do you think of the chart? Crash, burn and turn to powder? :wink:

Rob
Former RB and BL Home Fool, Supernova Portfolio Contributor & Maintenance Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

1 Like

Rob, running out the door. But I thank-you for bringing this to my attention.

I’ll chart this up later tonight.

Rob, I remember this symbol from one of my Daily upgrade lists AFTER Needham gave it a robust BUY rating and then the stock cratered.

I’ll be buying some today and will continue to add if this develops like I hope it does. I’ll notify if/when I add more. Note the breakout from a long down channel on the weekly chart.

I’ll take this over to Fallen Knives board.

(I’ve got a penny stock I’ll share next Monday AFTER earnings. I’ve been buying quite a bit of it the past 2 weeks as I have a feeling these guys will bought out very soon OR they will have a major announcement about their platform next Monday. More about that one next week. I don’t want anyone to follow me into it just on chart action. I’d like you F/A types to take a closer look upon earnings release next week.)

But back to $LYLT, interesting observation: the ACE Hardware nearest me does not use their rewards program. However, the best ACE Hardware in the Keys (expanding and owned by two women who know their stuff and they take no man’s gruff) DO use the Loyalty Program from $LYLT. And I get all kinds of promo stuff from them now for my birthday (20% off) and announcements that I get 20% off any purchase over $50 yada, yada.

I attribute theses women’s success on Big Pine Key to attention to detail and their rewards program. Their mailing list has to be expanding as quickly as their store - which started in one tiny storefront, and which has now in the past 3 months taken over an entire strip mall.

Wide aisles, clean, and like I said, these women know more about maintaining homes than the idiot Trumpsters down on Summerland who chased away customers such as myself when they flew their Gadsen flag (they finally took that one down) and “Trump Won!” flag (they took that down too, but too late, they showed their colors to veterans like me who are over the GQP.)

I don’t see women shopping at that Summerland store like I used to. Many have shifted their support to the two women up on Big Pine Key. I go out of my way to use the rewards there and at my local Winn Dixie. (I’ll have to look more closely at W/D and see who is running their loyalty program.)

Anyway, keep bringing finds like $LYLT here. I’ve noticed loads of upgrades to BUY and initiations to BUY for companies with no profits - yet. Still, there are those rare penny stocks like this one where profits are already made, and analysts are initiating coverage. So, the money makers I’ll take over to Fallen Knives as well.

$LYLT daily chart

https://schrts.co/yDSHEtMk

$LYLT weekly chart

https://schrts.co/yDSHEtMk

$LYLT monthly charts

https://schrts.co/SFrbBeFb

1 Like

They have a lot of debt, but that becomes a non-issue if they make the EPS that seems to be expected. I imagine we’ll all have a chance to recalibrate after the upcoming earnings call on Thursday of this week.

Rob

Agreed, Rob.

I am also going to steal your word “recalibrate” for future use in describing some of my trades where I nibble or buy 1/3 opening and I’m looking for either and add or exit.

1 Like

Well… I recalibrated…

and sold it all.

Didn’t look promising at all with substantial cash burn and a questionable future on sales.

Mostly in around $3.15, out around $2.88 on average. Better to lose a few kilobucks than to lose many.

Rob

1 Like

Rob, I never partook in this one. I’ve got another profitable penny stock where I’ve got too much wrapped up in the trade. Monday will be earnings day. This could turn into my best/worst trade of this year. Had I remained emotionless, instead of using my “head” to read Macro-Economics of this sector the penny stock is in, I would have been out of this one a few weeks ago. I got a feeling I’ll be doing Monday what you did today.

I salute people who take on a trade and who quickly cut ties to it when it turns against them. I would have done the same thing as you had this trade turned South the way it has, breaking down below its new trendline with a new low of $2.66 today.

Risk/reward, money-management, is where you make your money in trading. Cut your losses quickly. You did just that, like Cool Hand Luke. Good on ya.

1 Like

Took the $LYLT chart to a closer look with a zoom lense:

https://schrts.co/yqgwbJZE

What got me: Long term debt continues to be paid down, but cash is burning at a rate that would be exhausted in 4 more quarters… but they’d probably be violating debt covenants well before then.

Not enough progress on the sales and profit end… a certainty of missing analyst expectations for the year… and possible crisis on the horizon. Nothing to be gained by holding to be sure the crisis hits… LOL.

Redeployed the assets into January 2024 calls for NVDA and BILL, plus more money sitting on the side while I make up my mind. No rush. I have only about 6% cash.

Rob

1 Like