Misleading Article RE: ZM vs Teams

Zoom losing to Teams in the video conference race to the top - TechRepublic
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/zoom-losing-to-teams-in…

The metric used by this author is % usage Increase.

Considering the many other moat-enhancing benefits and features of ZM, I have no concerns and am comfortable knowing there is room for competition in the video conferencing market…Especially since ZM does not target the consumer/home computer market and knowing that so many of these users use the Microsoft office.

I have to contrast my reaction to seeing this article now vs 5 years ago, when seeing this headline would have concerned me. Thanks to having a concentrated portfolio that allows me to focus my research on fewer companies, I am able to yawn, turn the page and move onto the next article. Thank you for that Sail and fellow board members.

Hey , there’s our new one liner for after each of us retires. When people ask you what you do for a living, just say you’re on an investing board.
sjo

3 Likes

“Hey , there’s our new one liner for after each of us retires. When people ask you what you do for a living, just say you’re on an investing board.”

Mostly true for those are still working too. Investing & researching is a part-time job and the good part is its fun & addicting.

For those that like investing, its a job that we love to do & (mostly) pays well too

• Praveen
3 Likes

Hi SJO,

What do you mean by, “Especially since ZM does not target the consumer/home computer market and knowing that so many of these users use the Microsoft office.”

I’d guess more Office licenses belong to corporate users. I’d also guess(but am in no way certain)that Zoom provides more to the consumer/home market than Teams.

I use both Zoom and Teams. Both are very good and easy to use, but both have their faults. Either of them is an upgrade over WebEx and GoToMeeting.

Long ZM -
Erich

2 Likes