Moritz' Portfolio Summary - December 2022

Long Story Short

-61 %: Not fun.

And - most likely - we will see another lousy “macro quarter” soon. Even after Q1 2023, it will remain unclear when the market will recover.

But: Once recovery is on the horizon, companies will surprise us with good results. And that will have a strong impact on share prices. That is the positive side of the current environment and a good time to buy stocks.

Ignore the I-told-you-sos and doomsayers: Fact is, everyone is right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Because it’s a matter of time period. A question of perspective.

I never tire of emphasizing: This phase, too, the most severe economic downturn in a long time will pass. And then everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon again. Until the next crash.

But each crash comes with higher lows than any previous one.

That’s the nature of the markets. And our opportunity.

How do I know?

I don’t have 30 years of experience in investing and didn’t experience previous cycles firsthand.

But do I have to have been at a war to know that it’s bad?

Honestly, I don’t know how things will turn out. This time it might actually be different.

I doubt it: For the past few years, I tried to focus on what I can control:

I studied the history of markets. I read and listened - a lot. Also to you.

Nothing is certain: Playing poker, investing in the right companies, and even living a life successfully is all a question of probabilities.

And based on all I know, the odds are on our side.

Appendix

Earnings Calendar

This section will be updated as soon as the next earnings season starts.

My Previous Portfolio Summaries

My Investing Style and About Me

At the bottom of my first portfolio summary

Thank you for reading.

Happy Investing, everyone!

57 Likes