Multiple COVID infection is likely a problem

People who had more than one COVID-19 infection were three times more likely to be hospitalized and twice as likely to die than those who only had one infection. Those with multiple infections were also more vulnerable to other dangerous conditions; they were 3.5 times more likely to develop lung problems, 3 times more likely to have heart conditions, and 1.6 times more likely to have brain changes requiring care than people who had only had COVID-19 once.

Jeff

5 Likes

By April 22 of this year Omicron had just become the dominant variant. Omicron does not get into the lungs the same way as say Delta did. The clarification going forward is important. The odds are we all get Covid several times going forward.

Snippet

“He and his team analyzed 5.3 million health records from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs involving people who did not test positive for SARS-CoV-2 from March 2020 to April 2022,”

Is this correlation or causation?

In any event, the threat of Long COVID means there’s still plenty of risk. Additionally, I’ve always considered even minor colds to be nasty. I cannot do anything if I have even the slightest hint of a fever. I also have always really hated sneezing, nose blowing, and the sensation of suffocation from a stuffy nose.