My experience with Options

Cobra understands writing puts.
————————————
Rob, that got a laugh out of me. Yes, yes I do. I guess you could say once upon a time I recieved a very valuable crash course on writing puts using margin…

Cobra :snake:

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

Unintentional. I wasn’t trying to bring back margin memories. Wasn’t even thinking of that episode when I wrote my post.

Rob
Rule Breaker / Market Pass Home Fool & STMP/MTH Maintenance Coverage Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

1 Like

Writing is selling, not buying

Not sure what you are trying to say. Re-read what I posted.

Writing puts to earn income isn’t necessarily a bad strategy either.

NO it is not a bad strategy… it is the worst strategy. You are confusing risk arbitrage as income.

Do not confuse, speculating on a few known situations in a bull market is even a strategy.

2 Likes

I don’t even want to understand selling outs for income
I do know that selling out or calls that are not covered are a very bad move.
Much worse than buying them
I’m fact in an ira they won’t let you do it as far as I know

Selling puts

1 Like

IT’S TIME TO END THIS THREAD!

Look guys, you all come here, to this wonderful board, to discuss growth stocks and share information about them. That has made the board great. Options are Off Topic on this board. This thread on options now has 26 posts and is crowding out stock discussions with arguments about arcane distinctions about option trading. Everyone has had a chance to say what they want to say. IT’S TIME TO QUIT. NOW.

I would appreciate cooperation from all of you. Thanks for your understanding. NO MORE POSTS ON OPTIONS. Take it to the options board.

THANKS

Best,

Saul

23 Likes