My Plunge to 11 - I hate it already ;-)

Microsoft backed me into a corner and I held my nose and did it – I somehow got narrator turned on and can’t get it turned off – Help, please.

1 Like

I did it!! I don’t know exactly what I did, but for now it’s quiet and I’m OK.

I upgraded to Win 11 some months ago when offered as an update. No problems whatsoever. Better than Win 10.

3 Likes

I upgraded to Win 11 some months ago when offered as an update. No problems whatsoever. Better than Win 10.

That has been my experience as well. No problems other than trying figure out where they hid the power off button. Once I found it no problems. I only power off once a week anyway.

1 Like

So, where did they put it?

So, where did they put it?

I’ll bite. I’m assuming you are talking about ‘how to power off’?

• Click on Start window
  • Click on icon in the lower right hand corner
  • Click on shut down

If you want to get things back to how they were I use this:
https://www.neowin.net/news/explorer-patcher-restores-the-wi…

Get i here
https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher/tree/5f9681dc1dcd…

Scroll down to feature summary and under how to a little further down click the link

1 Download the latest version of the setup program.

Get your life back and W11 with this patch has been wonderful for me.

I updated a few month ago with no problems. One thing I don’t like is the rt click menu change that puts copy and paste in a position where you have to click on show more options to get to them.

A new complaint that occurred with the very recent update. To download into excel from my two financial institutions all i had to do was click on the link in their program that pulled up a spread sheet that I could manipulate. Now it puts the program on the desktop and I have to open it, use it and then delete it. Just another PIA

Ed

1 Like

I updated a few month ago with no problems. One thing I don’t like is the rt click menu change that puts copy and paste in a position where you have to click on show more options to get to them.

Install what I posted about just above and copy is right on the right click top :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll check it out to see if it will also solve my minor annoyance.

I’ve been using Win 11 for about 5 months – I like it and have had no issues (at least, none that I didn’t also have with Win 10). My only “wish” is that I used to put my taskbar on the left side of the screen, and Microsoft took away that option in Win 11.