No politics on METAR!!

I will repeat for the thousandth time:

No politics on METAR!!! Putting the word “Macroeconomics” in the subject line or in a post does not make a post on-topic if the post does not impact our investment decisions.

Some people seem to have an irresistable urge to write off-topic, political, highly emotional posts that lead to long threads filled with rants. They seem to think that putting the magic word “macroeconomic” in the post magically gives the post a pass.

UH-UH! NOPE! NIX! NO WAY!

If a post is interesting and labeled OT it will be allowed. If the post is not labeled OT and has no economic, financial or investing relevance it will be removed.

Wendy

23 Likes

I’m guessing starting a thread entitled “My God is better than your God” is probably not a welcome idea and I need to think of something else.

3 Likes

"I’m guessing starting a thread entitled “My God is better than your God” is probably not a welcome idea and I need to think of something else. "

The rumor that the “Berkshire Hathaway” board is going to change moniker to become “David’s
Investing Discussions” has no truth.

Howie52
However, one cannot be as certain about “Solomon’s Investing Discussions”.

2 Likes

How about “Let’s pretend we don’t talk about politics here”?

I’m guessing starting a thread entitled “My God is better than your God” is probably not a welcome idea and I need to think of something else.

We could, in the tradition of certain eastern countries, flip that - a thread entitled “Your God is better than my God.”

I bet Wendy wouldn’t approve of that either though.