Nvidia to a Trillioin!

Okay, a very insightful poster has specified that he sees little limit in how large Nvidia may become.

I have been a bit skeptical about this despite owning quite a lot of Nvidia.

However, we just had a discussion on NPI regarding this and particularly if you look at the utube video with interns and go from there you get the sense that, dang, it could happen! I mean, everywhere, in everything, not just in data centers, but on the edge, in everything.

If the GPU remains the enabling technology, then dang…I am becoming a believer here as well.

http://discussion.fool.com/ai-edge-disruption-32971377.aspx?sort…

A lot of time from here to there, but if the GPU is the key enabling technology for all of this moving forward, which is of course not certain, it is tough to see anyone catching up to Nvidia and displacing them in any material way. And Nvidia is on the record saying they do not want all the market, just the most profitable high end of it.

But decide for yourselves. found it quite cool waht the interns at Nvidia were doing.

Tinker

8 Likes

Wow Tinker…very eye-opening must read perspective re: possibility that neural AI may not eventually require a data center and network to function. Personally, the link to the Network World article you posted on NPI (post #88910 was even more compelling than the excellent YouTube video of the NVDA interns on NPI post #88914).

Thank you for cross posting!

sjo

1 Like

It is exciting stuff. In all my years of following cutting edge tech companies, Nvidia is by far the most fascinating company w the most world changing technology and whole product creating infrastructure that they are enabling that I have seen. PCs and internet search and routers are rather tame in comparison. I also love CRSPR in that regard but that is far less certain and much more speculative at this point.

Be great if I could get my son an internship there. That would be fun stuff. Nerds are taking over the world, and my kids qualify. They are not the jock I once was. But I am actually a more natural nerd, it just was not in vogue w the girls back then. Nevertheless, Should have been a nerd. Oh well, never too late.

I’ve invested in Nvidia and ANET monthly from much earlier prices until now. It is fun to invest in companies that are also so fun to watch and of course, best of all KEEP GOING UP. Particularly Nvidia. I say that even if the share price has a bit of a flu going forward from time to time. Who knows. I have real confidence in them, but understand Arista is really dependent on the cloud titans, should their infrastructure needs ever materially slow down. Nvidia, disruptive innovation is all I can think of to keep them down long term. They should be added to the FAANG club. But best for us they are still excluded. Don’t mistake any such comments as enthusiasm or anything of course. Not after getting blamed for someone’s issues that happened back in the year 2000! Yikes!

Thanks sjo.

Tinker

6 Likes

Maybe I should start buying a share a month, though the commissions would be too high a portion that way. Maybe 5 shares at a time…

Ed it is all relative. I remember, last century when I bought 16 shares of QCOM. Actually became worth quite a bit. Sure it was at less than $20 billion market cap and went above $300 billion in the bubble, but it all added up.

I’m far from retired, but probably ewuidistsnce between young Wup and retired. My children will of course ignore me (or maybe not and just not tell me they followed my advice) but a few shares here and a few shares there add up to a lot of shares over 13months per year. It is all relative.

If more people were educated like this we would have far less problems in this country. But since it is what it is, we might as well take advantage of sound financial lessons for ourselves and hope,others learn from our examples.

Tinker

2 Likes

Such good advice Tinker. 10 shares of Aapl, amzn, brk-b, etc, adding when one can over a period of time, is an education in itself…as is this board.

Such good advice Tinker. 10 shares of Aapl, amzn, brk-b, etc, adding when one can over a period of time, is an education in itself…as is this board.

This is what I’m doing with my high tech ETFs. It’s a way of saving and …

Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA)
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dollarcostaveraging.asp…

I would do this only with the safest of securities, not with risky individual stocks. *

Denny Schlesinger

• ETFs track a large number of companies providing the safety of diversification. They won’t produce the spectacular results of successful individual companies but they reduce risk. Don’t be distracted by management fees, look for ETFs that track fast growing sectors and have liquidity in case you need to sell.

I know a lot around fooldom avoid chip makers simply because they become commoditized. AMBA being a good example of that; once a high flying chip maker because of their advanced camera chips with software on chip, now a run of the mill chip maker. Eventually other chip makers catch up and develop something better and cheaper.

I’m not saying this will happen with NVDA, but what’s to say it won’t?

Patrick

2 Likes

I know a lot around fooldom avoid chip makers simply because they become commoditized.

It’s a foolish argument. It’s like saying you won’t marry the gal because she will get old and die. Permanence is not a feature of our Universe nor of anything in it.

Denny Schlesinger

4 Likes

Permanence is not a feature of our Universe nor of anything in it.

Atoms even have a lifespan; however, it is though to be on the order of 10^25 years and the universe has only been around for 10^10 years. I’ll leave it to the reader to determine if that is permanent.

Sorry for the OT comment.

A.J.

2 Likes