Off-topic posts on METAR

Off-topic posts on interesting subjects are a feature, not a bug of METAR. They add flavor to the board in small doses (like adding spice to a recipe).

Please put “OT:” in the subject of off-topic posts.

Politics, religion and personal attacks are forbidden in OT posts like all other posts on METAR.
Wendy

11 Likes

Wendy can we all report political, religious or personal attacks? Or only you can report them?

1 Like

<Wendy can we all report political, religious or personal attacks? Or only you can report them? >

Only I can FA posts on METAR, after a rash of removed posts by people with personal grievances.

Usually, inflammatory posts get a lot of recs so they end up on the Best Of list where I find them. People often rec posts that arouse them emotionally and cause a fuss – the exact reason the posts are not allowed on METAR.

Ironically, many on-topic, informative economic and investing posts don’t get as many recs as the inflammatory off-topic posts.

Wendy

4 Likes

Wendy,

So when those posts with personal attacks run up it is a best of the fool feature not a MeTAR alone feature. Good to know. It just amuses people elsewhere who do not know the full context.

In this post I am basically being told I am idiot even though the other poster did not fully comprehend things. That is a personal attack. I was not an angel I know that. My post was FA’d and removed. I am requesting this post be removed.

https://discussion.fool.com/goofy-other-than-failed-emotions-do-…

All of this stemmed from a back and forth a few days ago. I went back and the other poster’s post was removed. I did not know that and was still hot over the personal attack.

Comprehension matters folks. I am limited on spelling and grammar because of a profound birth defect in my auditory. Needed to make it up elsewhere.

1 Like