Oh Goody! Here's my end of Aug portfolio summary

Here’s the summary of my positions as of Aug 28th. As I often do, I’m posting it on the last weekend of the month as I have more time then. We just miss one trading day of August on Monday. The summary is longer with more detail this month and with more discussion. I’ve also added the current prices of the stocks for orientation.

This was a tough month for the stock market. .
At the end of June I was up 35.0% on the year, and the S&P 500 was up 2.1%.

At the end of July I was up 48.8% and the S&P was up by 2.2%.

We are now at the end of August and I am up 40.0% and the S&P is down 3.4%. I’m thus ahead of the S&P by 43.4% so far this year.

I would certainly have liked to have done better this month, but let’s look back two months to the end of June. I was then up 35% and the S&P was up 2.1%. If you had told me then that in the next two months the S&P would fall 5.5% to minus 3.4%, but I’d be up another 5%, to plus 40%, I’d have been ecstatic.

Please note that I don’t ordinarily measure against the S&P, or any other index, but since I started this board I post my results against it since the MF uses it as their yardstick. Measuring against the S&P is setting the bar very low, as it’s a mix of 500 good stocks, mediocre (average) stocks, and poor stocks, so averaging good, poor and mediocre, you’d expect a mediocre result as compared to selecting 10 or 20 good stocks. Nevertheless, I am amazed that my entire portfolio is up 40% in eight months in a market, or a market as measured by the S&P anyway, that is down. As I wrote last month, please don’t expect equal results in the next four months. :wink:

I currently have twelve positions total. My big three: SWKS, SKX, and BOFI (which are Skyworks, Skechers, and Bank of the Internet, for the symbol handicapped :wink: ) are still the same that they have been for many months, and make up roughly 56% of my portfolio. This is even more than they made up a month ago. It’s mostly because I did such a good job of selecting my highest conviction stocks and these stocks have simply grown faster than the rest of my portfolio. BOFI and SWKS seemed to take turns being first and second for a while earlier this year, then last month SKX took over with a big run-up. This month SWKS fell off a little with the tech-and-China panic, and has partly bounced back.

BOFI was briefly over 20% and I trimmed a little and reinvested in other stocks, but shortly after I trimmed it fell a little with the most recent short attack, so its percentage of the portfolio fell when almost all my other stocks bounced back in price. I expect to continue to cap each of my stocks at 20% so I can sleep well at night, as I said that I would a couple of months ago.

Last month I wrote that I had added a bunch to SWKS between $91 and $102, mostly after it fell back after great earnings because other chipmakers had poor results, and I said that it was not clear yet how that will turn out. This month I bought a bunch more at $86, and I still am not sure how it will turn out, but I hope well.

I sold a little SKX at $154 for cash when it was approaching 20%. After the current turmoil, it’s still at 18.85% of my portfolio. Note that with trimming SKX and BOFI when they approached 20%, and adding a little to SWKS, my top three make up an even higher percentage of my portfolio than last month.

Here are the big three:
SWKS ($88.6) at 19.9% - trailing PE is 18.2- ttm earnings growth is 76%
SKX ($142.0) at 18.8% - trailing PE is 32.6 - ttm earnings growth is 107%
BOFI ($117.6) at 17.3% - trailing PE is 22.1 - ttm earnings growth is 39%

Their 1YPEG’s are 0.24, 0.31 and 0.57 respectively.

Please note that although SKX and BOFI are now both at a lower price than where I trimmed them, that doesn’t represent genius at my part. I just trimmed them a little when they became 20% of my portfolio.

My big three make up about 56% of my total portfolio. Although these are pretty high-conviction stocks, that’s a REAL lot in three stocks. They are in entirely different fields: microchips, banking, and retail clothing. This wasn’t by design, but it spreads the risk. Their average trailing PE is 24.3, which I’m very okay with. Their average rate of growth of trailing earnings is 74.0%, which is even better. You’ll notice that these big three positions all have low 1YPEG’s. It’s not really meaningful to average 1YPEG’s as it is with PE’s or rate of growth, but if you are curious, they average at 0.37.

This is not an inherently risky portfolio, even after the run-up. For comparison, consider UA. Last I looked, it a PE 104, a rate of growth of earnings last year of 27%, and a 1YPEG = 3.85 !!! To me, THAT’s risky.

Next, I drop down to INBK, which is a large to middle size position at 9.3%. It’s only about half the size of my big positions but I also have strong conviction about it. (I bought INBK at $16 and added at $22 and $24). I have been saying for months that I especially had strong hopes for INBK but couldn’t take a bigger position in it because it’s such a small company with lack of liquidity, and that I already had a much larger position than was probably prudent for me. It indeed has continued to rise since then, and has grown on its own to become my fourth largest position in spite of my concerns. (I did add a very tiny bit at $30.37 this week. It was as high as $36.00 just two weeks before).
INBK plus my big three makes up about 65% of my portfolio.

INBK ($30.15) at 9.3% - PE is 19.3 - earnings growth is 123% - 1YPEG is 0.16

Next two middle size positions: AMBA at about 7% and ABMD at about 6% (Ambarella and Abiomed).

AMBA ($96.3) at 7.3% - PE is 39.5 - earnings growth is 114% - 1YPEG is 0.35
ABMD ($98.2) at 6.1% - PE is 90.9 - earnings growth is 112% - 1YPEG is 0.81

Note that both of them grew earnings at over 100% for the trailing twelve months.

As I said, it’s been a wild month. For example, I bought most of my position in ABMD in July at $65.50 and it finished July at $77.50 (I had bought more at $71 and a little at $77). Then this month it got as high as $106.50, and dropped back to $93.80 before closing at $98.20. I was still adding a little at $89, but then sold a moderate amount at an average price of $100 for cash to buy other stocks that hadn’t had such a wild ride. (At $100, it was up 53% in a month). Note that in no way does this mean that I was selling out. I still have a 6.1% position and no current expectation of selling any more.

On the other hand, I didn’t sell any Ambarella when it was $120, but I didn’t buy any more either when it got down to $88. I’m satisfied with the size of my position and I’m buy-and-hold on this one for now. (My purchase price was mostly at $69.60.)

Next I have three stocks with middle to small positions between 5.0% and 4.2%. These are

INFN ($22.3) at 5.0%, PE is 38.4.8 - earnings growth is 142% - 1YPEG is 0.27
SEDG ($25.4) at 4.6%, PE is 38.5 - earnings growth is 200% - 1YPEG is 0.19
ANET ($76.4) at 4.2%, PE is 38.8 - earnings growth is 77% - 1YPEG is 0.50

I like all three of them, and I did add to SEDG and ANET this month, but I haven’t built quite as big positions in them because of
A: Not enough money,
B: Not quite as much conviction,
C: As far as ANET, it has those lawsuits, as far as INFN, it’s in a tough industry, and SEDG has the danger of eventually turning into a commodity product.

These nine so far make up about 93% of my portfolio. All nine were in my portfolio last month, and my biggest four positions are still the same. I’m emphasizing this so you won’t think my messing around with my small try-out positions represents big changes in my overall portfolio.

Finally I have three small positions between 3.4% and 3.0%. These are SNCR, PAYC, and CASY. The last two, PAYC and CASY are new positions for me.

I had first looked at Paycom in June discovering it from an excellent post on our board by Andy (buyandholdisdead) but I reconsidered and got out in July, and re-reconsidered and got back in this month with a more substantial position.

I discovered Casey’s General Store through a discussion by TMF Flygal, who when asked to vote between two other stocks on a paid service (I don’t remember which one), dissented and said she stuck with her preference for CASY. I looked further into it and liked it, and took a small position.

SNCR ($40.4) at 3.4% - PE is 19.8 - earnings growth is 32% - 1YPEG is 0.62
CASY ($106) at 3.4% - PE is 22.7 - earnings growth is 41% - 1YPEG is 0.55
PAYC ($38.3) at 3.0% - PE is 116 - earnings growth is 200% - 1YPEG is 0.58

Note that lest you think I’ve lost my mind buying PAYC with such a high PE, let me point out that they have a recurring income model with a 91% retention rate (which is very good as it includes companies that were acquired or ceased to operate). To quote from a positive public article on Seeking Alpha: The way that Paycom’s subscription revenue recognition is set up bodes well for the company going forward. Put simply, Paycom experiences punitive up front expenses when it posts excellent quarters of growth in that it pays a huge one-time commission expense up front (hitting the expense line of its income statement) while it recognizes revenue over the lifetime of the relationship with the customer. This of course sets up the company for huge margins, theoretically reaching 99% over time, as it eventually recoups the entirety of its acquisition costs and can then post pure margin recurring revenues to the income statement. But again, the net income line is punished for high rates of growth.

Please note that all three of these small positions together total just about 9.8% of my portfolio, so please DON’T get all excited about them and go take a big position in one of them because I’m in it! (The positions add to a little more than 100% because I have about minus 2.2% in margin). The top six stocks, about which I have strongest convictions, make up 79% of my portfolio.

I sold out of EPAM and CRTO this month (and eliminated my tiny position in SWIR). I exited EPAM mostly because it was fairly priced (1YPEG about 1.00), and used the money to add to other positions. I already explained why I was cutting back on CRTO (because of decreased earnings growth due to “investing more in growth” and because of the ad blocker issue, which I am not enough of a techie to evaluate).

Note that ALL of my stocks have a 1YPEG under 1.00. In fact only one of them has a 1YPEG of 0.81 (ABMD), and ALL THE REST have 1YPEG’s of 0.62 or less. While, as I said above, averaging 1YPEG’s isn’t meaningful in the same way as averaging earnings growth for instance, the average 1YPEG of all my stocks is only 0.43, and the average of my big four is even lower at 0.32. I reiterate, this is not an inherently risky portfolio.

What I do is “modified buy-and-hold”. Of my biggest four positions I’ve had SWKS and SKX over a year (about a year and two months and a year and three months), BOFI for close to three years, and INBK for about a year. I kept CELG and WAB for over two and a half years each. In no way is this “short-term trading”. When I buy a stock, it’s with the idea of holding it for as long as circumstances seem appropriate, NEVER with a price goal or the idea of trying to make a few points. If I try out a stock in a small position, and later decide it doesn’t fit and I sell it, I really don’t care whether I gain a dollar or lose one. I just sell out to put the money somewhere better.

Since I began in 1989, my entire portfolio has grown enormously. If you are new to the board and want to find out how I did it, and how you can do it yourself, I’d suggest you read posts #4 through #8 at the beginning of the board, and especially the Knowledgebase that Neil keeps for us (currently post #9286) , which is a compilation of words of wisdom, and definitely worth reading if you haven’t yet.

Hope this has been helpful.

Saul

For Knowledgebase for this board
please go to Post #9939.

A link to the Knowledgebase is also at the top of the Announcements column
on the right side of every page on this board

81 Likes

Mr. Saul,
Thanks for your report, I was hoping you would post your end of the month for August.

What I was looking for was more on the tech-and-China panic. I know from a previous post that you lost a substantial amount by holding while the market tanked in the past.

What was your reaction seeing the market go south in step with most of the rest of the world? Did you ignore what was happening? Did you watch with interest? Did you have to buckup and say to yourself “I’m not selling no matter what.”?

There was hardly a mention on the board of what was happening, except, ‘Goody goody a chance to buy a cheaper company!!!’. Maybe these people aren’t old enough to experience a market meltdown as we went through and don’t know how it affects a person’s mindset. I kept the course at that time and lost a lot of $$, and I don’t wanna let that happen again.

Scary dude. But now that it has ‘past’, it’s forgotten already. No worries! I think…

Jim

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Saul. I continue to be amazed and appreciate how much time you spend informing and educating us all.

I’m going to post this observation mainly as a “thinking out loud” kinda thing, and mostly for my continuing education as an investor.

You say…
What I do is “modified buy-and-hold”.
I’m a pretty green investor and after following along on this board and specifically your holdings and portfolio since Feb of this year and comparing it to the overall TMF philosophy, I’d say more specifically you’re Buy-Hold-and-Trim

I think TMF assumes that a large portion of their membership (espceially the scores of those that aren’t active on the boards) is not really taking the time to actively manage their portfolios and are instead regularly, occasionally or otherwise buying their reccomendations then holing and holding and holding…

What I’m getting from this board in general and you specifically that I don’t really get directly from TMF is an education about more actively managing a portfolio, with an eye towards the long term even if that long term comes with air quotes and a little wink.

Again, I’m pretty green and I might be Captain Obvious by saying this stuff out loud, but I’m just starting to figure it all out. The overall point is, I really get a lot from this board so thanks to you for all the time you take, and thanks to TMF for cultivating the community that helped create it.

12 Likes

What I was looking for was more on the tech-and-China panic. I know from a previous post that you lost a substantial amount by holding while the market tanked in the past. What was your reaction seeing the market go south in step with most of the rest of the world? Did you ignore what was happening? Did you watch with interest? Did you have to buckup and say to yourself “I’m not selling no matter what?”…Maybe these people aren’t old enough to experience a market meltdown as we went through and don’t know how it affects a person’s mindset. I kept the course at that time and lost a lot of $$, and I don’t wanna let that happen again.

Hi Jim,
What panic? This was just an ordinary decline which happens every once in a while. China devalued their currency three times for a TOTAL of about 4%. Big deal! Who cares? Their growth may sink as low as 3 or 4% this year. Most European countries would give they eye-teeth for growth like that. What was I supposed to do? Sell all my stocks on Monday and Tuesday because all the talking heads were trying to scare people that the end of the world was coming? Sorry, but I can’t guess when the next big drop is coming and I certainly won’t try to. You only lost a lot in 2008 and 2009 if you sold. I was down (which is different) a lot in 2008, but up over 100% in 2009. I stayed in.

Best

Saul

17 Likes

Tim replied to Saul:

You say…
What I do is “modified buy-and-hold”.
I’m a pretty green investor and after following along on this board and specifically your holdings and portfolio since Feb of this year and comparing it to the overall TMF philosophy, I’d say more specifically you’re Buy-Hold-and-Trim.

To check my understanding - I believe Saul will trim/sell for several reasons:

1. He’ll trim if the position becomes too large (around 20%).
  2. He’ll trim or sell outright if conditions at the specific business change, e.g., revenues slow and/or earnings drop, even if the business has a good story. See Profire Energy (PFIE) as an example.
  3. He and his family live on the gains so I expect he periodically trims for living expenses.

While Buy-Hold-and-Trim would cover reasons 1 and 3, it really doesn’t capture reason 2.

Please let me know where I’ve gone astray.

Thank you,
Chris

What I’m getting from this board in general and you specifically that I don’t really get directly from TMF is an education about more actively managing a portfolio, with an eye towards the long term even if that long term comes with air quotes and a little wink.

Tim, I don’t think TMF officially wants people to actively manage their portfolios because that’s how the worst mistakes are made: things like selling at the bottom of a bear market, or selling off winners way too soon and giving up life-changing wealth building, etc. David Gardner even wrote an article praising people who keep stocks that go to zero because it demonstrates patience, which can be very important for letting winners run (and remember, you can only lose 100% but you can gain many, many times that with a true winner, so the math is in your favor with that approach).

A few bad mistakes at the wrong time can unravel years worth of great investing decisions and destroy tremendous wealth (imagine the poor people that got into the market in 2007 and then panicked and sold out near the bottom of 2009). So while I don’t think anyone at TMF would tell you that holding a loser to zero is more efficient than shifting that capital into a winner, I think first and foremost they’re trying to prevent wealth-hobbling mistakes that can very easily accompany that kind of active portfolio management.

IMHO, Saul’s approach is advanced. It’s like upgrading from hand tools to power tools: a lot more productive potential, but also a much higher likelihood of serious injury. More than anything else, I think it requires a certain mindset. Someone posted a little up-board about the emotional turmoil they experience during market downturns: that’s extremely dangerous IMHO when mixed with active portfolio management, and I honestly think that person would probably be a lot better following more of a traditional TMF-style strategy of “rarely selling” because that will at least prevent disasterous mistakes at the worst possible times. Is it less efficient? Absolutely, but that extra drag on the portfolio is a drop in the bucket compared to the long-term damage something like selling out at the bottom of a bear market will do.

I think some of us tend to take our emotional mindset for granted, but I’ve come to believe it’s one of the biggest differentiators between success and failure in investing over the long term. One of the most important things any investor can do are (1) honestly get to know themselves and their temperament, and then (2) setup a framework and process, customized to that temperament, that allows them to avoid big mistakes regardless of what the market throws at them (kind of like setting up guards and safeties for those power tools). For example, someone asked Morgan Housel how much cash he keeps on the sidelines, and the answer is a lot: not because he’s convinced the market has peaked and is going to plummet tomorrow, but because he knows that he tends to struggle emotionally with downturns and keeping that cash around is what changes the downturn from a negative event to a positive event in his mind. Whether or not keeping that cash on the side is “optimal” for the average investor is a moot argument (though he has some interesting statistics about it): if that’s what it takes to allow Morgan to react positively to a significant downturn and sleep well at night, then it’s absolutely the right strategy for him. It may or may not be the right strategy for you or for me.

I definitely recommend that everyone take a few moments to consider their honest reactions during the recent market turmoil, keeping in mind that it was a very normal, healthy, mild, and short-lived correction: when a bear market inevitably arises, it will be at least twice as bad by definition (and quite possibly much worse than that) and last on average 21 months. Were you excited by the correction? Were you fearful? Did you roll your eyes at the silliness of it all and walk away? Were you business as usual? Were you reacting with a cool head, or with emotion? And how are you likely to react to a downturn at least twice as bad that potentially lasts a couple of years instead of a couple of weeks? If the answer is “not so well” then you may want to consider thinking about what you can do to turn that inevitable downturn (after all, it’s only a matter of when, not if) into a positive event for you rather than a negative one that potentially leads to suboptimal long-term portfolio decisions. Remember, while we tend to view future downturns as risks, we look at past downturns as wonderful opportunities: you want to figure out how to change the next downturn from risk to opportunity for you in practice.

But avoiding big mistakes during downturns is only half of the battle: you also need to avoid them during the good times. Certainly one of the biggest mistakes is selling off winners too soon (perhaps due to the same nervousness about protecting capital that leads to selling in downturns), hobbling your potential for long-term compounding. Saul very rightly points out that it doesn’t matter how companies you sold are doing as long as you’re happy with the performance of the companies you’ve shifted that capital into. But every time you shift capital from a proven winner into a new company, you risk making a mistake and, worse, getting stuck in that mistake. Saul is very good at shifting capital and has the proper mindset to quickly recognize mistakes, avoid common biases like price anchoring and endowment effects, etc. But each person needs to be honest with themselves about their own mindsets and how vulnerable they are to getting bogged down by mistakes and biases, and then work on building a process that helps avoid them (or at least minimize the impact of them): if you’re selling your winners and holding your losers, the math isn’t helping you anymore.

This is all just my opinion, of course. More than anything, I want to see all of us as a community experience huge long-term success. My recommendation is to keep an open mind, avoid dogma, be humble, and – perhaps most importantly – know thyself.

Finally, for anyone who hasn’t already read Markets Never Forget (But People Do) by Ken Fisher, you should. It will help put these market movements into context, provide a historical understanding of the very natural cycles the market moves in, and will also give you insight into how people (and especially the financial press) tend to portray these events at the time. I have a Kindle copy that I’m happy to loan out (just email me off boards).

Neil

98 Likes

My recommendation is to keep an open mind, avoid dogma, be humble, and – perhaps most importantly – know thyself. - Neil

That is one of the more cogent posts I have read about long-term investing and what it takes to succeed at it.

If I could have rec’d it a gazillion times, I would have done so.

I liked this quote for its succinct and visual way of asserting a point:

IMHO, Saul’s approach is advanced. It’s like upgrading from hand tools to power tools: a lot more productive potential, but also a much higher likelihood of serious injury.

I am ecstatic that Saul has become one of the TMF boards’ willing educators on this investing thing we do. He has found success and is willing to freely share his knowledge, gleaned over decades of experience. I mentally put him in company with Tom Engle (TMF1000), another such generous person.

However, it is also good to recognize that a successful investor’s approach is not necessarily easily replicable by everyone, nor does attempting to do so guarantee success. Success can’t be duplicated via a cookie-cutter approach in following someone else. There seems to be some indefinable “something” that separates the supremely successful in any field from the lesser mortals.

It is unfortunate that increasing the pie (knowledge, skill) doesn’t necessarily translate to everyone winning equally. We are such a diverse lot (investors in general), that there is no way one size can fit all, and it is unlikely that everyone’s skill level will match Saul’s. He seems to have particular abilities and insights that not all of us will be able to grasp and internalize completely, though some will. I don’t think my own limitations will allow me to be as successful as he is, though that won’t keep me from trying. And yet I don’t fully embrace his methodology, as successful as it has been for him, because I am not Saul, and I have to live with what I think will work for me. Although I am willing to allow for the possibility of growth and change of technique as my experience level increases.

Nevertheless, my presumption is that most following along here can become successful investors by learning from Saul and others here. That is because I am assuming that those drawn to this board already possess at least some of the attributes necessary for success at investing, which can come in many forms.

As Neil so aptly put it, success at “this investing thing” requires a certain mindset, emotional detachment, willingness to know one’s limitations and work with those rather than against them, and a thirst for knowledge – all of which will help propel one’s skillset to the next level.

Lots of folks on the TMF boards fit into those abilities. The next bear market will test a lot of our assumptions about our abilities, and a little humility will likely go a long way toward helping us learn and become better through those trials and tribulations – if we don’t give up.

Perseverance is an important aspect of any successful endeavor.

Best regards,
Kathie

26 Likes

Wow, Kathie, thank you for the very kind words.

Neil

Saul,

Thank you again for a brilliant update. I am always amazed at how clear and detailed you are about your holdings. There seems to be no confusion in your head with the current set of holdings that you own at a certain time.

Chandra

1 Like

Hi Saul:

Someone recently brought your board to my attention and I skimmed over the description of your approach.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I agree that 5 years growth projections are often inaccurate guesses. But looking at the past 4-quarter growth rate could also be misleading. From where do you build the confidence that it will be sustained or increased in the next year?

2. when you are looking at 1YPEG, over the course of one year, the 1YPEG will change from quarter to quarter. Do you read anything from those fluctuations? for example one business may have a quarter that is traditionally stronger than the others.

Do you look at PE and growth year to year?

1. do you keep track of 1YPEG over the years so that you may derive some idea of when it would be the best time to buy (or sell)?

tj

for example one business may have a quarter that is traditionally stronger than the others.

Which is why one totals the past 4 quarters. If the current quarter is a strong one seasonally, it means that the strong one a year back has just dropped out of the total.

2 Likes

Hi Saul: Someone recently brought your board to my attention and I skimmed over the description of your approach.

Hi TJ, I strongly suggest you read the Knowledgebase to get an idea what my thoughts are. I’m afraid a “skim-over” won’t do it :wink:

I agree that 5 years growth projections are often inaccurate guesses. But looking at the past 4-quarter growth rate could also be misleading. From where do you build the confidence that it will be sustained or increased in the next year?

I have no such confidence. The 1YPEG is just a snapshot. For example, my write-up on CASY’s results, a few posts back: That gives them a rate of twelve month earnings growth of 55%, but I think this is unrealistic and will settle back to something more like this quarter’s rate of growth (or 22-25%), once some of the weaker quarters in the previous year drop out of the calculation.

When you are looking at 1YPEG, over the course of one year, the 1YPEG will change from quarter to quarter. Do you read anything from those fluctuations? for example one business may have a quarter that is traditionally stronger than the others. Do you look at PE and growth year to year?

Again, 1YPEG is a tiny part of what I look at. I repeat myself, but read the Knowledgebase! (It’s free, by the way. I get nothing out of recommending it except the pleasure of having board members get something out of reading it.)

Best,

Saul

For Knowledgebase for this board
please go to Post #9939.

A link to the Knowledgebase is also at the top of the Announcements column
on the right side of every page on this board

17 Likes

Hi Neil,

I have been away from the boards for a while due to a family emergency and I’m just now getting caught up on some of my reading.

I just wanted to add my thanks to the chorus of voices and say what a really fabulous post this is. I recognize the value of what Saul provides and would love to spend more time learning it - if I had more time. I realize that what I have works really well for me and I sleep well at night. Could I possibly do better learning what Saul teaches? Absolutely. Is it something that I would be able to devote a sufficient amount of time to at this point in my life? Not a chance.

I have long included in my posts the mantra of investor know thyself. I think your post provides great insight into what I believe is equally as important - not making huge life-altering mistakes while investing. I have seen far too many posts by folks that went “all-in” on a particular investment due to inexperience, excitement and getting caught up in the frenzy, only to have it all come crashing down when that same stock loses 20%, 30% or 50%. They can then become soured on investing and walk away dejected.

On the other side of the same coin - as you so aptly stated, they can be excited about a quick 100% gain, sell far too soon in the story and miss out on a 20-bagger over a few short years.

I think this post should be required reading for every investor and personally believe that every investor could benefit from the reminder.

Thanks,

Danny

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, Danny. I’m glad your daughter is doing better.

Neil

Hi Neil…
I just wanted to add my thanks to the chorus of voices and say what a really fabulous post this is… Danny

Hi Danny, In addition to the incredible 94 recs for that wonderful post, I should mention that it got a MF Post of the Day (on Sept 1st).
Saul

That was a brilliant post, Neil!

I am sure this post will be helpful to investors new and seasoned.

Anirban.