On comfort

On the Skechers board, CMF LovePeace recently wrote about how aging boomers like him/her go for comfort, and that it’s a large demographic that will get even bigger as they retire. He recently bought a pair of Skechers with the memory foam insoles and, after wearing them for several weeks, he put on his old New Balance and it was a huge difference. The New Balance felt there was nothing between him and the ground, and he doubted he’d ever buy any shoes again that didn’t feel at least as good as the Sketchers do.

I thought that was a real coincidence. I also had usually worn New Balance (which I previously had worn all the time because they were the most comfortable shoes I could find). I also recently bought some pairs of Skechers with the memory foam insoles because I tried them on in the store and they felt so comfortable brand new. After wearing the Sketchers for several weeks, I put on a pair of my New Balance and it was a huge difference for me too. The New Balance felt really hard by comparison. I also doubt I’ll buy anything EVER AGAIN that doesn’t feel at least as good as the Sketchers do. I think that there’s a message in that.

Saul

35 Likes

thought that was a real coincidence. I also had usually worn New Balance (which I previously had worn all the time because they were the most comfortable shoes I could find). I also recently bought some pairs of Skechers with the memory foam insoles because I tried them on in the store and they felt so comfortable brand new. After wearing the Sketchers for several weeks, I put on a pair of my New Balance and it was a huge difference for me too. The New Balance felt really hard by comparison. I also doubt I’ll buy anything EVER AGAIN that doesn’t feel at least as good as the Sketchers do. I think that there’s a message in that.

I am with you Saul, I switched from New Balance to Sketchers’ about 5 years ago and I am not going back either.

Andy

2 Likes

which sketchers shoe did you buy?

these slip ons

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/64591/relaxed-fit-expec…

As far as walking/running shoes, something like this:
https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/52106/burst-deal-closer…

which sketchers shoe did you buy?

I bought the GoWalk City shoes with goga mat insoles which are wonderful. The ones I got look like regular lace-up sneakers. I got two pair of all-white and one pair of black.

Saul

I just bought my first pair of Skechers GoWalk 3 shoes, also with the go mat insoles. I…I didn’t know it could be like this.

I am sold for life.

Jackson
long SKX and INFN

2 Likes

Too strange . . . I too migrated from New Balance to Skechers. The shift on footwear preference due to comfort is clear. I’m not a statistician so my guess is that the sample size is too small to arrive at a meaningful conclusion - but it’s still a pretty freaky coincidence.