"On the Cover of the Rolling Stone"

So Elon may not have made the cover today but not for lack of trying.

ON THE SAME day Elon Musk watched his SpaceX Starship explode just minutes after a historic launch, he could still claim one triumph: he has maybe, apparently, finally succeeded in removing the unpaid “legacy” blue checks on verified Twitter accounts.

http://archive.today/2023.04.20-195614/https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/twitter-legacy-blue-check-disappear-elon-musk-1234720587/

And then there was the SpaceX launch today.

You forgot to mention that 4/20 is weed day (for some unknown reason).

DB2

2 Likes

There are many legends surrounding the origins of the number 420 and its association with marijuana. One of the most popular stories takes us back to the 1970s in San Rafael, California.

As the story goes, a group of high school students known as “The Waldos” would meet up after school at 4:20 PM to smoke weed. They would use “420” as a code word to discuss their plans without alerting their parents or teachers.

The term “420” soon spread among their friends and beyond, becoming a common reference to smoking marijuana. Over time, it gained popularity and became a cultural phenomenon, with April 20th (4/20) celebrated as a sort of unofficial holiday for marijuana enthusiasts.

While there is no way to confirm the veracity of this story, it remains a beloved part of marijuana lore and has helped to cement the connection between 420 and the plant.

Chat GPT

2 Likes

Ok, prompted Chat GPT to add aliens and religion to the legend.

Alright, here’s another take on the origins of 420 and its association with marijuana:

According to an ancient religious text discovered in a remote cave in the Himalayan mountains, the number 420 was considered sacred by a long-forgotten civilization that existed thousands of years ago. This civilization believed that the number 420 represented the connection between the physical world and the spiritual realm.

As the story goes, members of this ancient civilization would gather at 4:20 AM and 4:20 PM to perform a sacred ritual involving a plant that they believed had the power to connect them with higher beings. This plant, which was later identified as marijuana, was revered for its ability to induce a state of heightened awareness and spiritual enlightenment.

Over time, this practice spread to other cultures and eventually became part of the larger tradition of using marijuana for spiritual and medicinal purposes. Today, many people still use marijuana as a means of achieving a deeper connection with themselves and the universe.

But some conspiracy theorists believe that the true origins of 420 are not of this world. They claim that the number 420 was actually a secret code used by extraterrestrial beings to communicate with humans on Earth. These beings supposedly left behind clues that could only be deciphered by those who were in possession of a certain strain of marijuana.

Whether you believe in the spiritual or extraterrestrial origins of 420, there’s no denying that the number has become an important symbol of marijuana culture and a celebration of the plant’s many benefits.

1 Like

One can do crazy stuff with numbers. How many 2s can you string together into a meaningful sentence?

Asked about the schedule of a train, the reply was, “From two to two to two too.”

The Captain

2 Likes

And if the questioner was wearing a dance costume, the reply might be: “From two to two to two too love the tutu.”

Pete

2 Likes

420 was Hitler’s birthday. It is a bad day in history.

3 Likes

I can’t believe neither of you worked the tootoo twain into that.

–Peter

Churchill, while with reporters walking through and examining a badly damaged East London neighborhood, realized he needed to lighten the mood. He noticed a badly damaged sign for a shop selling “Fish And Chips” and instantly said

"The space between “Fish” and “And” and “And” and “Chips” is not the same.

Same exact word repeated five times and making perfect sense. Nobody can beat that, and he did it on the fly.

david fb

4 Likes

My favorite speaker! A quote I love, “I’m just preparing my impromptu remarks.”

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/winston_churchill_156903

The Captain

1 Like

One my favorite quotes and used when I want to warm up and begin speaking in a Boston accent comes from JFK. “Let me tell you this about that.”

1 Like

I wanted to post the same thing, but I gave up.

All roads lead to Braunau.

2 Likes