OT: Life

Buried a dear friend this morning on what was otherwise was a beautiful day.

These moments seem to bring out time for self reflection and perspective.

One day your laughing at each other’s jokes, sharing good food and wine, and of course great company.

And then the next second you’re carrying your friend’s casket to their grave site and you watch as it slowly sinks into the earth. And the one-way conversation you’re having with your friend. And then there’s that dreaded haunting sound as you shovel dirt and it hits the coffin.

I know in time the pain of not ever seeing a friend again will fade, but never really go away. I’m so grateful for the good memories and being able to share them with friends and family today.

I love life, but sometimes it really sucks.

AW

32 Likes

One day your laughing at each other’s jokes, sharing good food and wine, and of course great company.

And then the next second you’re carrying your friend’s casket to their grave site and you watch as it slowly sinks into the earth.

Life is all too short and precious. Treasure it while you can.

I know in time the pain of not ever seeing a friend again will fade, but never really go away.

Not a day goes by that I don’t think about my wife. And I completely agree with you. I don’t expect to “get over” the loss. I’m just learning to live with it, one day at a time.

–Peter

22 Likes

AlphaWolf

I’m sorry for your loss and pain.

I’m sorry for your loss.

Peter, please accept my deepest condolences for the recent loss of your beloved wife.

PosFCF, please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of your beloved wife…forgive me, I have lost track of time…was it 3 years ago?

AlphaWolf, please accept my deepest condolences for the recent loss of your cherished friend.

Psalm 90

Humans are like the new grass of the morning:
In the morning it springs up new,
but by evening it is dry and withered…

Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom…

Wendy

5 Likes