OT - Looking for a laugh? Dunkin' Outtakes

As an inhabitant of MA (some may call us Ma$$Holes) we LOVE our beloved Dunkin’ brand.

For those that may have seen and appreciated the humor in the Dunkin’ Super Bowl commercial, here’s a link to the outtakes which must have been a riot in real time as folks pulled up to the drive thru.

Enjoy!
'38Packard
==> Medford is a no-foolin’ around suburb of Boston

4 Likes

Somewhat unrelated: We went on a “color tour” last Fall through New England.

Now… Dunkin’ is and always has been my favorite donut store and normally I’d be tempted to stop by one near my original Michigan home or current NC home because they’re not commonly found… but NOT IN NEW ENGLAND… where they seem to be ubiquitous. Seemed more common than Starbucks. Do the Dunkins in New England have sub-Dunkins in the Dunkin restrooms to complete the meme?

Rob
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Starbucks sells something like 53% of all coffee in the US and Dunkin 25%??? some sort of figures like that. Might only apply to retail.

Check this out…an eye opener, if you excuse the expression:

Rob

2 Likes

That is a great quote. Took me a few weeks to unwrap what it means to me.

I don’t know what it means to you, but I’d say the primary importance is what it meant to the person who first said it: Jim Elliot Was No Fool | Crossway Articles

Rob

I just googled for that. He meant it very differently than I did.

The quote pivots on the same thing, time. Your time in life and how you spend it. His conclusion was to spread the word.

Mine was the time I put into my projects is time that would be gone either way. There is no holding on to time in this life. It moves past us. My projects if successful will leave me wealth I can not afford to lose.

That leads to this next conclusion. Using my time is risk free because it is goes by either way. Money does not need to take risks as in all or nothing or being wasteful.

You may find out differently.

We all have a limited amount of time. Use it wisely… not doing so is a risk… so much for your time being risk free.

Rob

I think you misunderstood me. We are talking past each other.

I am not worried about spreading the word. That is not my goal.

I have projects and limited time in a given few months. I have to decide on how to use that time productively while not knowing my projects final outcomes commercially. On the face of it that is risky.

The time creates opportunity costs. Mapping those out v what I need to do first matters. Really things will get done concurrently.

I am deleting my NFTs which are not on the block chain yet. I am creating a smart contract and then loading my NFTs with APIs each into a contract of its own. This will automatically populate as far as I know.

At the same time going back and forth to study C# and Blazor to create a game. This might stretch into early April for the NFTs and late Aug for the game.

Meanwhile my partnership might begin to make solid progress in March. This summer I hope we are in development. We need to find out if we are on the same page in March to go forward.

I am enjoying my time a great deal. I am awake. Being awake is not a matter of being religious. The quest in writing this out is the process of being in right relationship with what I decide to attend to in my days.

The risk is taking chances with money.

The projects are me enjoying my time. As opposed to taking risks with time. The time is here and going by either way. Outside of a manmade construct time is free. Commercial results are risky. Commercial ventures are risky. The money is something I can not lose.

My project costs are under $200. If the partnership raises money it may pay me a salary to do it.

Take care

We are on completely different wavelengths.

Rob

Off topic for sure! How about those Dunks? :joy:

'38Packard
==> @XMFRob - Us East Coast folks miss our Dunks while on the Left Coast