OT:Ukraine Offers Itself As Weapon Test Ground

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-situation-repo…
Ukraine is openly offering itself as a venue for NATO allies to donate and demonstrate advanced weaponry in real-world combat scenarios. The countries would then benefit from the combat experience of Ukrainian soldiers using those weapons against Russian forces, according to Ukraine Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov.
Ukraine “is essentially a testing ground,” Reznikov said on July 19 during a live webcast conversation with John Herbst, senior director of the Atlantic Council’s Eurasia Center. The entire interview can be viewed in the below video.
“Many weapons are now getting tested in the field in the real conditions of the battle against the Russian Army, which has plenty of modern systems of its own,” Reznikov said. “It has electronic warfare and signals intelligence tools, air defenses, cruise missiles and ballistic missiles, among other equipment.”
“We are interested in testing modern systems in the fight against the enemy and we are inviting arms manufacturers to test the new products here,” he said.

I guessing the above means the Ukrainians still need more heavy weapons.

12 Likes

President Zelenskyy is a trained lawyer and all-around smart guy. He is using psychology that every sales person knows: Offer your prospect a deal that will benefit him since he cares more about himself than he does about you.

Wendy

2 Likes

I guess it’s ok for you to bring up politics and name politicians

3 Likes

I guessing the above means the Ukrainians still need more heavy weapons.

Yes entirely, and Russia’s Putin is offering his young men as target practice. I say let the games begin.

The more punishment Russia’s military faces the sooner this war ends. Fighting Putin in his bunker is the better bet for mother Russia.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the rule was only for US politicians?

I’m allowed to mention Canadian politicians, normally a boring conversation as not much goes on that is globally important.

Tim

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the rule was only for US politicians?

More like, people who think that they enforce the rules, think that they are above the rules

I am definitely on Wendy’s side on this along with a majority of people on this board.

Just getting panties twisted tells me there is no thinking on this.

It’s only AMERICAN politics that are banned because Americans have no self control when it comes to politics.

The Captain

3 Likes

TucsonB: More like, people who think that they enforce the rules, think that they are above the rules

Your new here aren’t you?

Clearly I missed your promotion to king of the board party.

Bye

2 Likes

It’s only AMERICAN politics that are banned because Americans have no self control when it comes to politics.

The Captain

The US has become increasingly polarized.
I haven’t seen this level of discord since the Vietnam War protests.

6 Likes

Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

The Captain

The US has become increasingly polarized.
I haven’t seen this level of discord since the Vietnam War protests.

In some ways it’s worse than Vietnam. Just about everyone wanted out of that mess, problem was the politicians couldn’t figure out how to do it without admitting they had lost the war?

The best thing to come out of the Vietnam war was the end of drafting 19 yo kids to fight in foreign wars that the US had no business being in at all?

Anymouse <couldn’t wait to sign up just a couple of days after I turned 17 … seriously. I just checked my bank statements and our benevolent government continues to pay me those pensions! }};-D

It avoids political awkwardness as our relatively small number of undrafted Vets are still popular in Canada.

Anymouse

4 Likes