Pretty good quarter. Up 9% premarket.
– Third Quarter Subscription Revenue up 47% Year-Over-Year
– Remaining Performance Obligation of $590 million, up 55% Year-Over-Year
– Dollar-Based Net Expansion of 123%
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–November 21, 2019–
Anaplan, Inc. (NYSE:PLAN), a pioneer in Connected Planning, today announced financial results for its third quarter ended October 31, 2019.
“We are proud of all our accomplishments during this first year as a public company. It’s been impressive to see how Connected Planning has resonated throughout the enterprise planning ecosystem,” said Frank Calderoni, chief executive officer at Anaplan. “We hear consistently from our customers that the value they see with our platform is essential and a major competitive advantage.”
Third Quarter Fiscal 2020 Financial Results
– Total revenue was $89.4 million, an increase of 44% year-over-year.
Subscription revenue was $79.7 million, an increase of 47% year-over-year.
– GAAP operating loss was $32.5 million or 36.4% of total revenue, compared to $50.3 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2019 or 81.2% of total revenue. Non-GAAP operating loss was $8.8 million, or 9.9% of total revenue, compared to $18.3 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2019, or 29.5% of total revenue.
– GAAP loss per share was $0.26, compared to $1.11 in the third quarter of fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP loss per share was $0.08, compared to $0.18 in thethird quarter of fiscal 2019.
– Cash and Cash Equivalents were $310.8 million as of October 31, 2019.
The Company is providing the following guidance for its fourth quarter fiscal 2020:
– Total revenue is expected to be between $96.5 and $97.5 million.
– Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be between negative 14% and 15%.
The Company is updating its previous guidance provided on August 27, 2019 for full year fiscal 2020:
– Total revenue is now expected to be between $346 and $347 million (was between $339 and $343 million).
– Non-GAAP operating margin is now expected to be between negative 17% and 18% (was between negative 19.5% and 20.5%).