Poll: Guidance on growing position in TTD

An irony here - I see TTD as a company of Traders and Techies making life better for Ad Traders.
This poll is to solicit input on how best to trade up my position in TTD. Currently, TTD is just over 3% of my port - I’m trying to get it up to 9%.

As a relatively new convert to the strategy of building a port with a small number of high conviction companies, I’d appreciate any insights you experts have! Which, if any, of these alternate approaches makes most sense to you. Thanks in advance to all responders. And, of course, any more nuanced comments are most appreciated!

…Marc

• Buy an additional 6% at the market on Monday morning.
  • Buy 2% now, 2% next month, and 2% the month after.
  • Be happy with my 3% for now and wait for TTD dips to buy more.
  • Sell TTD, pay cap gains, and wait for a dip to buy back to 9%.
  • Put a standing limit buy order in at a $120 ( or some other $)

0 voters

You left out one more:
The ship has sailed, buy something else.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Marc,

I can’t recommend strongly enough not to have others recommend what you do with your portfolios. That’s not what this board or these forums are designed for.

There is a ton of great information on here and elsewhere for you to get smart on these great companies, but the key is to make your own decisions.

We all have different temperaments, timelines, and financial situations. It’s dangerous to take that kind of advice from others because you have to know why you’re invested. It will really help you know what to do when you company is down 50% or up 200%.

17 Likes

I voted for 2, 2, then 2…but I will add that you may want to wait and observe the price action at the open on Monday rather than jumping right in. There could be a bit of a further dip…or maybe not. Your choice, but maybe something to work into a 2, 2, 2 buy plan.

volfan84
Long TTD…may add sometime, but may not add until October-ish or later, due to funds being earmarked for MDB and PVTL shares (from exercising positions held for more than a month now)

1 Like

I can’t recommend strongly enough not to have others recommend what you do with your portfolios. That’s not what this board or these forums are designed for.

There is a ton of great information on here and elsewhere for you to get smart on these great companies, but the key is to make your own decisions.

We all have different temperaments, timelines, and financial situations. It’s dangerous to take that kind of advice from others because you have to know why you’re invested. It will really help you know what to do when you company is down 50% or up 200%.

Aleeb: thanks for this post - I don’t argue this. I actually heavily weigh-in my own temperament, current/desired portfolio state, broader family situation, and other factors before deciding my personal course of action.
As much as I’m curious as to how people voted, one incremental interest for me are any comments that others might make (such as you and Volfan84). In some cases, I expect these comments to open my eyes to other ways that I may not have considered.

If anyone thinks that I’m being inappropriate with the use of this poll and wasting space on Saul’s board, please let me know and I’ll respectfully refrain from this type of query in the future.
I thank everyone for their poll answers and comment contributions that help us all discover new ideas and strategies.

Best
…Marc

1 Like

Hi UCTECH

I would agree with all the suggestions to refrain from asking others what you should do.

I would suggest not to invest or trade on emotion / FOMO /greed / excitement - it is rarely helpful.

I think this chart is a reasonable guess for what will happen with TTD, but it is just one person’s opinion

https://stocktwits.com/Tradereversal/message/133597652

I will add a perhaps contrarian, riskier option:

If you are looking for an pre-ER related play that would be a worthy consideration for a portfolio, consider other “hidden growth” stocks that reporting in the next month, such as NTNX, PVTL, or BZUN

If they have a positive earnings reaction, you could consider using the money to buy TTD on a dip.

If they have a negative reaction at ER, they are good holdings for the medium term IMHO, if they suit your risk tolerance, perspective, etc.

All trade a reasonable valuations for this class of stock, but only buy them if you have done DD and they suit your investment profile.

3 Likes

If anyone thinks that I’m being inappropriate with the use of this poll and wasting space on Saul’s board, please let me know…

…Marc

You already made the investment decision “TTD is just over 3% of my port - I’m trying to get it up to 9%.”

This board is not about trading even if you can’t invest without trading.

Inappropriate? That’s for Saul to decide.

Denny Schlesinger

1 Like

Marc, really this discussion is inappropriate for this board. It’s probably unwise for you too. Hearing other people’s thoughts on individual stocks is useful to help you make a decision but asking people to advise you how to invest is not wise or appropriate for the board. Sorry.
Glad to have you on the board though.
Saul

2 Likes

Possibly try here http://discussion.fool.com/portfolio-management-100153.aspx for a discussion.

2 Likes

Someone* sent me an email responding to this post

Subject: Re: Poll: Guidance on growing position in TTD

You could have the poll but ask for collection off line, and then publish the results, reducing the traffic on the board.

You might not like clutter on Saul’s board. I don’t like clutter in my email. Don’t send me email replies. You didn’t even reply to the right fool, did you email everyone on the tread? Don’t bother replying.

Denny Schlesinger

• I know who that someone was but I’m saving you the embarrassment.
1 Like