Possible Trades for Friday

My scanner suggested these: INVZ, ATHA, FEAM, SPC, WIT, INDO, SRTS, RAD, ACVA, IVR, LESL, SOLO, VFF, AGRI, CYTO, FLGC, XNET.

3 Likes

Watch oil related stocks, futures contracts for May are climbing which may drive oil related stocks up as well. Of course in my humble opinion…doc

1 Like

I ended up not trying to trade any of those 17 scanner suggestions. Instead, I sold massively into the rally, 85 trades in all, mostly cleaning up losing positions that I had --inexcusably-- let get away from me. E.g., I had gotten into SCHW at 47, watched it run to 59, only to see it back off to 51. So that got sold, as well as anything that had anything to do with the banksters, nearly every one of which I was underwater on. But I thought it better to get out now than later.

All in all though, this has been a fabulous quarter, more than meeting my hopes. Current plans are to continue whittling down my positions in pfds and to focus nearly exclusively on a limited palette of long/short country funds and commodity plays.

2 Likes

I did a little research on the list of stocks you had and most weren’t options including INDO but you had it in your list Friday and look at it this morning - going crazy…doc

NEX and RPC might catch the wave up from all this crude oil action that happened this weekend…doc

edit: crazy, both of these are popping close to 10% this morning.

1 Like

HAL and OILK also moving up in early trading…doc

doc,

The time to have bought INDO was Friday, just as my scanner suggested and as SIMON confirmed. Here’s the chart with Thursday’s close at the hard, right-hand edge.

I didn’t know that OPEC+ would cut oil production over the weekend. But someone did, and their buying showed up in the tape. As for the rest of that list, most would have made money for a person who bought them Friday, again out of the sheer dumb luck of being in the right place at the right time, and even today, though most have backed off, the charts for them say '“Hold”.

I’m no genius stock picker. But one either trusts Quill’s SIMON method(s), or he/she doesn’t. I just know that every time I stress-test SIMON in an effort to break it, or in an effort to “fix” it, that I fail. Quill’s insights about markets, prices, and short-term trading are sound. He really has built a means to say When?

4 Likes

I looked over that list of stocks and I think I found one that looked interesting, but it wasn’t INDO…doc