PSTG

I was reading through Bert’s latest article on Microsoft, and someone asked a question about PSTG in the comments. Here was Bert’s reply:

Bert Hochfeld, Contributor
Comments (1770) |Following |Send Message |

Author’s reply » Dear Superhop;

Let me answer your question about PSTG. Yes, I do follow it and I do recommend it. I confess that I am not a fan of their guidance strategy but that is something else again. The enterprise storage space is coming back. Pure is still the leader in AFA and is broadening its portfolio. They have an interesting position in terms of using NVMe. I would say that the convertible debt offering they have just sold is probablyh pretty strong evidence that their quarter is tracking very strongly. Very few instiutions are going to buy debt at close to a zero coupon with a 32% premium unless they have gotten strong assurances about the quarter, at least.
I do offer a subscription service, Ticker Target, LLC where you can access all that I have written regarding Pure, other storage vendors and much else besides. Check it out and see if it makes sense for you.

24 Likes

I do offer a subscription service, Ticker Target, LLC where you can access all that I have written regarding Pure, other storage vendors and much else besides. Check it out and see if it makes sense for you.

Having noted that Saul subscribes to Bert’s service…I wonder how much Bert’s analysis of Pure has played into Saul’s PSTG position (along with thoughts from the thread last year looking for a double).

Do many people describe to Bert’s service on Saul’s board. I have read a couple of his article and the level of analysis is very thorough and thoughtful. I have subscribed to Motley Fool services for many years and thank the brothers for the outstanding service they provide, but there is a lot of similar picks and thinking across the many services they offer. I am looking for diversity in thinking and that is why I started following Saul’s board. Just wondering if Bert’s service would further add to my education and if others have found it to be worthwhile.

Thanks
John

2 Likes

Do many people describe to Bert’s service on Saul’s board. I have read a couple of his article and the level of analysis is very thorough and thoughtful. I have subscribed to Motley Fool services for many years and thank the brothers for the outstanding service they provide, but there is a lot of similar picks and thinking across the many services they offer. I am looking for diversity in thinking and that is why I started following Saul’s board. Just wondering if Bert’s service would further add to my education and if others have found it to be worthwhile.
Thanks
John

Hi John, I started off reading Bert’s articles on Seeking Alpha. Those are usually super-excellent multipage deep dives. Then a year or so ago he started his subscription newsletter and I figured I owed him a subscription as his free articles had been very valuable to me. The advantages of the sub are severalfold. For one, you can ask him a question and he will respond with a well thought out answer. Second,he sends out short, one page blog type articles direct to your emaibox, with immediate thoughts about current events. (ie Cloudera), and third, he has a sample growth portfolio (and a sample income portfolio, I think it is), which he keeps up to date.

Best,

Saul

21 Likes

John: “Bert’s service …if others have found it to be worthwhile.”

I subscribe. Worth every cent. Top shelf analysis. For the tech side of my portfolio, if it is not a “Saul stock” or recommendation of Bert, I stay away. Truth is, the only reason I still sub to MF is because of this board.

Cosmid

6 Likes

Cosmid,

This board requires no subscription to MF. It is free.
But maybe you feel compelled to subscribe which is fine of course.

I subscribe to too many services and am looking to pare back to the ones that have a real value. That is are not too expensive. SA, RB and HG seem to be a good fit for me. One good pick is worth it.

A.J.

1 Like

Hi John, I started off reading Bert’s articles on Seeking Alpha. Those are usually super-excellent multipage deep dives. Then a year or so ago he started his subscription newsletter and I figured I owed him a subscription as his free articles had been very valuable to me. The advantages of the sub are severalfold. For one, you can ask him a question and he will respond with a well thought out answer. Second,he sends out short, one page blog type articles direct to your emaibox, with immediate thoughts about current events. (ie Cloudera), and third, he has a sample growth portfolio (and a sample income portfolio, I think it is), which he keeps up to date.

Best,

Saul

Bert, being a consummate businessman, took notice of Saul’s subscription and perhaps his following here by mentioning Saul in a testimonial:

https://www.tickertarget.com/testimonials/

I would agree with Saul on Bert’s thorough write-ups already available for now on Seeking Alpha.

But nothing compares to using these write-ups as a springboard to further analysis on your own or through the crowdsourcing investment board of your liking…which the FOOL has already provided for you.

You will see in the comments section of his write-ups that his opinions are not always greeted by agreement but some “in the technology know”…but I do like how Bert seems to freely admit when he isn’t sure about something.

He remains an enigma to me, being a convicted felon and previous short side expert that now has moved to buy-side investing.

Like all in life, trust but verify…everything.

Best:
Duma

5 Likes

Just signed up for Bert’s TicketTarget. Boy the yearly is a lot cheaper than the monthly.

Now to head off tomorrow down to the freeway on-ramp with my cardboard sign to see if I can pay for the subscription. Probably write the message on the back of the cardboard Ibusebthat says, “Cinderella! I have your glass slipper! Phone me!”. . . .

SA, RB and HG seem to be a good fit for me. One good pick is worth it.

I agree AJ. All it takes is one Shopify, for instance, that I picked up when it was recommended by a MF service two months in a row. Otherwise I probably would have ignored a little company that helped little businesses set up websites to sell things. Paid for many years of subscriptions by itself.
Saul

4 Likes

Is this Bert Hochfeld? Link: https://seekingalpha.com/author/bert-hochfeld/articles#regul…

Do you subcribe to Bert direct or seeking Alpha?

Thanks
Wayne