Question for Saul re BOFI

Saul,

I want to preface this post by saying that I read and digest what you and others post on this board, but I make my own decisions about what stocks to buy, sell, etc. ie- I don’t blindly follow what anyone else does, and I take responsibility for my decisions.

So, here is my question:
You indicated that you started a very small position in BOFI earlier this week, I believe.

Then, the news came out about the class action lawsuit, and we’ve all seen what it has done to the stock price of BOFI over the last few days.

Have you now closed out the small position you started earlier this week? Or are you planning on waiting and seeing how it all plays out?

Thanks,
az5speedy

I’m not Saul, but generally investors don’t jump ship in response to headlines. Most of the BOFI “bad news” is on the street.

Does it matter what Saul did?

1 Like

"I’m not Saul, but generally investors don’t jump ship in response to headlines. Most of the BOFI “bad news” is on the street.

Does it matter what Saul did?"

First of all, Anaerobe, you are correct: you are not Saul.

Next, and With all due respect I believe that if you had been following the BOFI saga on this board for the past many months, you would likely understand that this is a bit more convoluted than you might think. In addition, if you read the posts over the last few days, I believe you might understand that there appear to be plenty of people on this board who are, perhaps rightfully, very concerned about BOFI as a company and an investment. We on this board are not all sheep, as your post seems to imply.

Saul is obviously a very intelligent and thoughtful man who is certainly capable of responding to my inquiry on his own behalf. Many people on this board respect and admire him and enjoy learning from him. I am one of those people. So, yes, it does matter what Saul did, at least to me it does.

7 Likes