Random thoughts

We had high liquidity, that drove valuations and earnings. Now the liquidity is stopped and eventually Fed will implement QT someday. The market moved ahead and reduced the valuation. However, the earnings haven’t gone down, but with recession we can expect earnings to go down. Eventually earnings will catch up with the valuaton.

However, the faithful’s don’t fear this, the stocks in Berkshire portfolio mythical “value” will not go down, it is all just the market quote that goes up or down. So when you sell want to sell your shares, you can dial your broker and tell here is my “value” and therefore I would like to get paid xyz, and the broker will be happy to oblige.

1 Like

“However, the faithful’s don’t fear this, the stocks in Berkshire portfolio mythical “value” will not go down, it is all just the market quote that goes up or down. So when you sell want to sell your shares, you can dial your broker and tell here is my “value” and therefore I would like to get paid xyz, and the broker will be happy to oblige.”

Fear not for the unwashed BRK owners! The stock price always reaches new highs even for the momentum chasers when the price was north of 350. Your time would have been better served warning the morons buying innovation companies that are now down 75% selling at 20 times revenues and no earnings. For those to ever see their money back may take a pinch.

we’ll be fine around here.

jk

9 Likes

However, the faithful’s don’t fear this

Here’s a tip:
When you make a post to basically insult the whole board, it helps to first learn how to use apostrophes. Otherwise it sounds exactly as if you were giving fashion advice with your zipper down.

27 Likes

When you make a post to basically insult the whole board, it helps to first learn how to use apostrophes

hmmm I didn’t realize you have to master apostrophes to insult. Good to know. If you feel insulted, perhaps care to explain which part of my post is insulting to you?

https://youtu.be/nF-xisnxBWU

:slight_smile: As an empty nester, very happy.