RDFN to Replace LGIH For Housing Exposure?

Hey all,

Don’t have time to get into details but at first glance I like the potential for Redfin.

Similar idea to Zillow, but I like the business model better. They’re leveraging technology to streamline the process of buying and selling houses. They also have significantly lower commissions because they pay agents by salary not commission.

I’ve bought and sold houses using the traditional real estate agent model, and will definitely be selling my current house using Redfin. Much more straightforward process.

I think there’s a lot of potential for the business model to eat Zillow and traditional agent’s lunch, I need to dig deeper into the numbers though.

Anyone else looked into it?

I bought and held for a while right when they IPO’d’ but sold recently because I found this board and wanted to consolidate my portfolio.

7 Likes

I’ve been interested in them for a while, but haven’t done a lot of research. Originally I thought they were just a real estate search engine and had no idea they offered realtor services until their CEO was on NPR a while back. I plan on using them as well when we look to sell our house in the next year or so. Would love to see more in depth analysis from somebody actually invested.

As far as their business goes, I’m curious what their public exposure is like and if the general population even knows who/what they are.