Reversing Hearing Loss

https://bgr.com/science/mit-scientists-claim-they-can-revers…
Frequency Therapeutics, an MIT spinout, is looking for new ways to reverse hearing loss. Not by equipping patients with hearing aids or implants, though. Instead, the biotech company wants to use a new kind of regenerative therapy to repair the tiny hair cells that allow us to hear.

Frequency Therapeutics, an MIT spinout, is looking for new ways to reverse hearing loss. Not by equipping patients with hearing aids or implants, though. Instead, the biotech company wants to use a new kind of regenerative therapy to repair the tiny hair cells that allow us to hear.

Does these work for most hearing loss patients? How much is the therapy. Answers needed. This could be a blockbuster stock. Just think of the number of baby boomers!

10 Likes

The symbol is FREQ. 1.24 per share,35 million shares outstanding,currently losing money. 14 million in revenue. It’s very early,but worth watching for sure.

JK

1 Like

looking for new ways to reverse hearing loss

If the hairs essentially “wear out”, why do they “wear out”? Or is it something else?

Does these work for most hearing loss patients? How much is the therapy. Answers needed. This could be a blockbuster stock. Just think of the number of baby boomers!

Question 1: I don’t know about most hearing loss patients, but it should be effective - at least if applied promptly, and perhaps otherwise - for people whose hearing is damaged by extreme loud and/or high-pitched noise.

(My lady partly attributes her near-lifelong poor hearing to events more than 30 years ago. I’m not particularly optimistic, but won’t rush to dismiss the possibility that this treatment could help her.)

Question 2: no idea.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, tjscott0.

I’ve suffered with tinnitus for over 50 years, which I attribute to loving to see how deep I could dive in a lake as a kid and one Who concert. And no, seeing The Who in concert wasn’t worth it. On the other hand, the Dead were. :slight_smile:

I’m told the hair cells are damaged, so my brain thinks noise is being generated and therefore, I hear non-stop ringing. The brain is a funny thing. And my second favorite organ (apologies, Woody).

I sent an email to FT regarding one of their trials near me. I’ll let you know if I hear back (pun intended).

AW

4 Likes

My brother, my sister, and myself all boomers with hearing loss. I’ve been losing my hearing since my 20s and for the last 15 year have had hearing aids. I read about reversing hearing loss yesterday. It would be real nice if it worked in the next few years.

Heard back from FT.

Their criteria are:

1. You are between the ages of 18 and 65;
  2. You have a documented medical history of acquired, adult-onset, sensorineural hearing loss associated with noise-induced SNHL or sudden onset SNHL;
  3. You had a hearing test (audiogram) at least 6 months ago or longer;
  4. You reside in the United States or Canada.

I missed #1, but I applied anyway sending my particulars along with the application.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained,

AW

More importantly, DW wants to know if it works on “selective hearing loss”. She claims I only hear 1/2 the stuff she is saying but everything from someone else.

JLC

2 Likes