Russian gas to EU

I’m in favor of nuclear (the way we and the French do it NOT the way the Russians did/do).

Dave,

Has it been since 1979 or whatever that a new nuke was coming online? 1983? Whatever. It has been about four decades since any for profit US corporation has attempted to build one.

Those corporations love money. Losing money not so much.

Yes millions of men mostly say we need nukes. We need nukes. We need nukes. Nada from the people who need profits.

I will remind all of us we are investors.

We are not crybabies when someone disagrees. There is no crying in fooldom. /channelingtomhanks

This is what sent Tim over the edge…

Tim wants the Keystone pipeline that would run over the largest US aquifer. We would not get a drop of that oil. I guess destroying one of our largest water resources eventually when the pipeline leaks or when it is targeted to bring our country to her knees is cool. Tim would profit. Who am I to be against this? Anything Tim would profit in we all should be for. How about paying people to shoot up malls as free advertising for guns. If someone here profits I will keep quiet. Promise.

If every idea was a good idea no one would ever disagree. Sounds good to me.

2 Likes

Has it been since 1979 or whatever that a new nuke was coming online? 1983?

2016 at Watts Bar, Tennessee.

DB2

1 Like

The plant, construction of which began in 1973, has two Westinghouse pressurized water reactor units: Unit 1, completed in 1996, and Unit 2, completed in 2015. Unit 1 has a winter net dependable generating capacity of 1,167 megawatts. Unit 2 has a capacity of 1,165 megawatts. Both units are the newest operating civilian reactors to come online in the United States, and Unit 2 is the first and only new power reactor to enter service in the 21st century in the US as of 2021.

DB2,

Thanks for the correction. I mean that. You are still stuck with problems. Close to 50 years of cost overruns. Some victory.

It was not built by any of the for profit corporations.

Will the next one take 50 years? Leave myself open to new information.

If you answer that use the words “perhaps but the cost overruns will be massive. The project is unexpected to ever be profitable without state utility reg boards managing rates for the corporation to profit”.

1 Like