Saul, any thoughts on the week?

Very interested to hear your thoughts and perspective, and perhaps what you did (if anything) during the week.

Best,
–Kevin

Us mere mortals got hammered, Saul’s probably up 10% over the past week.

12 Likes

My guess is that Saul sold a bit and bought a bit. I’d guess selling some CRTO, SEDG, SNCR. CRTO because it held up pretty well, SEDG because of SCTY concerns, SNCR… just because. Think he bought INFN.

KC

My guess is that Saul sold a bit and bought a bit. I’d guess selling some CRTO, SEDG, SNCR. CRTO because it held up pretty well, SEDG because of SCTY concerns, SNCR… just because. Think he bought INFN.

That sounds all well and good, but that would still put him way down for the week. Also, I don’t believe he sold any SEDG; they had a blowout quarter and energy prices are approaching rock bottom…if he sold some I would be surprised.

Personally I think he knew a slight correction was coming and temporarily transitioned most of his funds last week into UBNT as a buffer; while UBNT is going nowhere in terms of revenue or earnings, the stock is correction proof…hell, it’s even up 2.09% today.

1 Like

Very interested to hear your thoughts and perspective, and perhaps what you did (if anything) during the week. Best, --Kevin

Hi Kevin, Well after a year in which I was up on a steady week after week progression (with just occasional 1% to 3% weekly drops) and going from start up in Jan to just over plus 50% a week ago, this was a really tough week. However, to put it in perspective, I’m now 1.5% above where I was on the ascent on July 10th, just a few weeks ago, and where I am now would have been a record then. I figure that weeks like this just happen.

As for what I did, not very much. I trimmed a few stocks and used the cash to buy into some that seemed to have gone down excessively.

Best,

Saul

6 Likes