SEDG... question for Saul

Saul,
I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the continued hits that SolarEdge is taking. Not if you are buying or selling, but just general thoughts as to if this is primarily due to solarcity/solar in general slowing and poorer than expected outlook? Or is there something else going on?
While trying to find something specific to them I did come across this from seeking alpha http://seekingalpha.com/article/3641996-solaredge-sector-wea…

It pretty much just coincides my thoughts that this is sector related, nothing specific.

Am I missing anything on this one?

Thanks,
Kevin

1 Like

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the continued hits that SolarEdge is taking. Not if you are buying or selling, but just general thoughts as to if this is primarily due to solarcity/solar in general slowing and poorer than expected outlook? Or is there something else going on?

As far as I can figure out, it’s falling price of oil, expiration of the Solar whatever-it’s-called at the end of 2016, SolarCity reducing its installation estimates, worries about utility company push-backs — and the huge gains in market share that SEDG has made against its competitors hasn’t been able to overcome all that in peoples eyes.

2 Likes